Down goes Duke | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Down goes Duke

Reaction Score
Honestly I don't see them that high. They were not impressive this year. They moved up by the name.
The metrics have them in the 3-4 range. I really don’t understand what separates them from the middle-of-the-road garbage (at best) clogging up the ACC standings other than they’ve lost to the second fewest number of ACC garbage teams after UNC. They’ve beaten a suspect Baylor team and that’s their resume.

Reaction Score
Duke no game today!!!

I know they won the ACC tournament last year, but the 2nd round exit from the 23 NCAA tournament, followed by this years first game exit in the ACC Tourney has to put some pressure on Scheyer. If they go out early in the NCAA again people will not be happy.

Right now his postseason record is 4-2 overall and 4-3 or 5-3 will not cut it. Add in his record against UNC which is 2-2 and opinions can change quickly.

Reaction Score
Tried finding it cannot find but i am 99.9% sure he said it. It wasnt a long discussion but he mentioned it. I cant be the only person here who saw it so hopefully someone here backs me and has the quote.
I remember Geno was asked if he would take the UConn mens program after JC retired. He said something to the ilk of "that would ruin both programs, the only men's team I would coach is Duke". Maybe that's what you were thinking of?

Reaction Score
The dookies are down on Scheyer on their board. Literally most of them don't think he's the right guy.

That's a tough place to be as a fan. I remember the fans feeling similar about KO, but KO actually won a title.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
“Alright guys, we all agree we’re pampered, overentitled, and overrated, right? Great- good meeting. Let’s get out there and continue underperforming!”
IMG_7637.gif

Reaction Score
“Alright guys, we all agree we’re pampered, overentitled, and overrated, right? Great- good meeting. Let’s get out there and continue underperforming!”

"Ok guys, usually, the flopping and whining combined with the power of the brotherhood and media infatuation with Duke is enough to give us deep runs. It's clearly not working this year. We need to try harder especially with Cooper Flagg coming in next season and Coach's job on the line. We know we'll be over-seeded in the NCAA's so here's the plan: no more shooting drills - let's go all in on flopping in practice. We'll partner with the Duke dance and gymnastics teams to perfect our technique. Next, we'll amp up the whining by playing the victim card - apologize for our losing, following Coach's lead and more social media posts on the court storm incident! Brotherhood on 3...!"

Reaction Score
"Ok guys, usually, the flopping and whining combined with the power of the brotherhood and media infatuation with Duke is enough to give us deep runs. It's clearly not working this year. We need to try harder especially with Cooper Flagg coming in next season and Coach's job on the line. We know we'll be over-seeded in the NCAA's so here's the plan: no more shooting drills - let's go all in on flopping in practice. We'll partner with the Duke dance and gymnastics teams to perfect our technique. Next, we'll amp up the whining by playing the victim card - apologize for our losing, following Coach's lead and more social media posts on the court storm incident! Brotherhood on 3...!"
“Don’t forget tripping. It’s going to be vital that we practice our tripping to ensure a deep run. Don’t worry about flagrant fouls- we’re Duke so we can pretty much do whatever the hell we want.”

Reaction Score
There were a handful of jobs Hurley always said he could see himself aspiring to have. Duke is one of them, but so is his current employer.
Do you have a link to that? Would be interesting to see how he said it and the context.

Reaction Score
I remember Geno was asked if he would take the UConn mens program after JC retired. He said something to the ilk of "that would ruin both programs, the only men's team I would coach is Duke". Maybe that's what you were thinking of?
YUp. i messed up. I do remember that though. Thanks.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There were a handful of jobs Hurley always said he could see himself aspiring to have.

Was he still coaching St Benedict's when he said that?

Reaction Score
Do you have a link to that? Would be interesting to see how he said it and the context.

Was he still coaching St Benedict's when he said that?

I don’t think that’s going to be anywhere official, so no link. It was just conversations and his thoughts on future jobs, mainly when rumors (mostly unfounded) started that connected him to new jobs when he was at URI and what it would take for him to leave there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom