Down 28 w/17 minutes left | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Down 28 w/17 minutes left

Reaction Score
Bull. There are teams all over the country recruiting at or around Uconn's Level that not only play competitively against P5 Schools but pull the occasional upset. The difference is they try to win the game as opposed to managing a 30 point loss into a 14 point one. If that is the coach's idea of demonstrating progress you are truly screwed. Maybe Randy can have AD Dave schedule Wagner for every season opener and follow it up with 11 straight against UMass. He could probably navigate that schedule to bowl eligibility. A least I think so...
UCF beating Pitt and SMU giving TCU all they can handle. The P5 excuse is garbage. Either we have coaches that can’t or don’t recruit well, or a G5 school in the Northeast is unable to get talent.

Reaction Score
the oline expectations were always wrong. it was pindell who made them look passable last year. i know some dont want to listen to me but ive been literally beating people over the head with the fact the oline stinks still.

You have been correct. Van Demark has been starting since true freshman year. He is very average and appears to have regressed. I was very high on peart, but I just don’t see it. Has nothing to do with the Offensive Line coach moving to offensive coordinator.

Reaction Score
UCF beating Pitt and SMU giving TCU all they can handle. The P5 excuse is garbage. Either we have coaches that can’t or don’t recruit well, or a G5 school in the Northeast is unable to get talent.

Don’t forget Tulsa up 10 on Wyoming. Wyoming is 3-0 and beat Missouri in week 1. Up next ECU / William & Mary

Reaction Score
Bull. There are teams all over the country recruiting at or around Uconn's Level that not only play competitively against P5 Schools but pull the occasional upset. The difference is they try to win the game as opposed to managing a 30 point loss into a 14 point one. If that is the coach's idea of demonstrating progress you are truly screwed. Maybe Randy can have AD Dave schedule Wagner for every season opener and follow it up with 11 straight against UMass. He could probably navigate that schedule to bowl eligibility. A least I think so...

Thank God Buffalo is not coming to the Rent. They thumped Temple today. Remember when we would beat them being bigger and faster? Their coach would be a good choice for our next one but he will be gone to a better job.

Reaction Score
Pretty much what I expected. Not sweating this one nor will I get too upset when UCF blows us out next week. Beat UMass and some of the mid/lower AAC teams.

That’s pretty much just ECU and Navy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You have been correct. Van Demark has been starting since true freshman year. He is very average and appears to have regressed. I was very high on peart, but I just don’t see it. Has nothing to do with the Offensive Line coach moving to offensive coordinator.

peart commits three penalties a game. if a team that never beats an FBS team can have an overrated player - he is it.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
So fire edsall? End football. How can people be mad about football if this is the product we put on the the field?

Reaction Score
That’s pretty much just ECU and Navy.

I would think we'll be competitive against USF as well. Win 2 of those 3 games and UMass and that's a season I think most people would have been happy with coming into it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There isn’t much to say. The OL is just not good enough and it really starts there. Opposing defenses seem to have little trouble designing blitzes that we cannot defend. They have to use a ton of misdirection to create running plays. They cannot pass protect very well at all. Until the OL plays with tenacity instead as a group of nice guys “trying their best” they are stuck at the bottom of football.

I really had some higher expectations this season (with real reservations - not totally Pollyanna) and now- after this - it’s like we we are almost back to square one. Is it NHL time now?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I would think we'll be competitive against USF as well. Win 2 of those 3 games and UMass and that's a season I think most people would have been happy with coming into it.
No.. expected, yes. Happy? No.
The IU D has been made honorary members of the UConn O huddle. That was ridiculous today

Reaction Score

lol way to cherry pick the two schools that both have some of the most fertile recruit grounds in the country

Reaction Score
lol way to cherry pick the two schools that both have some of the most fertile recruit grounds in the country
If
If location is the reason why this team is terrible, then burn it down and end it.

Reaction Score
clearly nobody watched this game and nobody gives a damn at this point - but can someone explain to me why mensah was getting the ball in the fourth quarter?
Not only did (could) I not watch it, but I shut the radio off after the first 20 minutes. What the hell is wrong with the OL???

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Randomly, players I thought played well (always should rewatch a game before saying this):

-true freshman Jayce Medlock at TE
-true freshman Myles Bell at Corner
-true freshman Cam Ross at WR
-Rose at TE (yes despite the penalty)
-DJ Morgan for time he was out there
-Keyshawn Paul at CB, they picked on him some and he whiffed a few times- but I still like his athleticism and physicality

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom