Down 1 QB | The Boneyard

Down 1 QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Maybe Taylor took the Lord's name in vain and Coach Diaco pulled a Pastner (Yes, I went there :rolleyes:).

Point is we, as fans, have no idea until they want to tell us. I hope this isn't a repeat offense of whatever it is and the indefinite suspension comes to a hasty conclusion of something other than dismissal.

Reaction Score
I am more and more convinced that things were pretty loosey-goosey under P. My guess is under Diaco it will be a lot like under Edsall. Toe the line or hit the road. I fully expect more of this. I also expect OLineman who can throw 225LBs up on the bench 20 or more times.

Reaction Score
He was suspended by the university as well as the team. It would seem unlikely that he'd be eligible for this season even if he is allowed to return. I think we've seen the last of Mr. Taylor.

Reaction Score
I heard his locker was messy abd he drank a milkshake

Good news is that it sounds like he'll be back.

When I hoped he would become a Manziel/Newton clone, I meant the good parts.

Even in the "article," KT's abundance of talent is mentioned. Kid, if you have the gifts people say you have, please don't waste them.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Anyone remember when he committed he said "UConn University"? SMH.

Reaction Score
What an unfair comment by Desmond.

QB Always A Question
No first-, second-, third- or fourth-string quarterback has been named but Diaco did offer an update. Keep in mind senior Chandler Whitmer and sophomores Tim Boyle and Casey Cochran combined to throw 18 interceptions last season.

He must have missed the point of why we got to a 3rd Qb was not because of injury...He makes it sound like all three had this problem and that is not a fact. This is BS*%# reporting/commenting at its finest.

Reaction Score
What an unfair comment by Desmond.

QB Always A Question
No first-, second-, third- or fourth-string quarterback has been named but Diaco did offer an update. Keep in mind senior Chandler Whitmer and sophomores Tim Boyle and Casey Cochran combined to throw 18 interceptions last season.

He must have missed the point of why we got to a 3rd Qb was not because of injury...He makes it sound like all three had this problem and that is not a fact. This is BS*%# reporting/commenting at its finest.
Send him back to Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Send him back to Syracuse.
Why do you think Syracuse sent him here.

I think the bigger problem is the "supposed" flagship/state newspaper doesn't take college football as seriously as it should. If the state really wants to compete at a division 1, top 25 level as they do in basketball then the Hartford Courant has an obligation to nurture and promote D-1 football in this state. They need to hire staff that can at the very least use proper grammar and at the very most be inspired to try and create a college football atmosphere. What they have now is some guy making a paycheck and that's where it begins and ends.

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Still a shame and I hope the young man gets whatever problem behind him and he comes back a better man.

Reaction Score

I think the bigger problem is the "supposed" flagship/state newspaper doesn't take college football as seriously as it should. If the state really wants to compete at a division 1, top 25 level as they do in basketball then the Hartford Courant has an obligation to nurture and promote D-1 football in this state. They need to hire staff that can at the very least use proper grammar and at the very most be inspired to try and create a college football atmosphere. What they have now is some guy making a paycheck and that's where it begins and ends.
The state has no control over what the Hartford Courant writes. Maybe if no one bought the paper it would be different...

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score

Seriously what's up with the grammar? It's like he doesn't even use spell-check. The English language has never been my strongest subject, but if it was my profession I would certainly try to be less sloppy.

Reaction Score
Seriously what's up with the grammar? It's like he doesn't even use spell-check. The English language has never been my strongest subject, but if it was my profession I would certainly try to be less sloppy.

It's the blog culture. Low cost, no proofreading, and besides, it's not the best idea to be your own editor/proofreader.

Reaction Score
Let's hope. After this season we have him, Boyle and Casey. One injury or transfer and we are in a bad spot. Of course, that all presumes the kid can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom