Doty coming off bench | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Doty coming off bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
What astonishes me is that 3 people could "like" a shameless, self-congratulatory post.

So in an effort to appeal to that market segment, I would point out that a month or more before any of us saw Breanna play a minute in a UConn uniform, I said that Geno would go to a two-big starting lineup (I said either Stewart or Tuck at the 4 and either Stef or Kiah at the 5, expecting more from Kiah than has materialized). I also said that Caroline and Moriah would form a "second pair" in the backcourt and would be well matched for the very reasons indicated above.

I now wonder whether the second pair will not be Caroline and Brianna Banks.

So I see the current depth chart (in competitive games) as:

Two bigs at a time on the floor: 2 of (Stef, Breanna, and either Kiah or Morgan);
One wing: KML (predominantly) with Kelly as backup;
Guards: Bria/Kelly as first pair; Caroline/Brianna/Moriah sharing "second pair" duties.

Kiah had better pick up her intensity to avoid being Heather's companion on the pine until garbage time rolls around (which will occur by about the 12-minute mark in most games).

Reaction Score
I still say who starts is really not important on this years team. At the end of the night, Doty will have similar minutes to when she started. Same with Banks, and all, if they play like they have been.

Reaction Score
Buck is not the backup PF - Morgan Tuck is. Buck will only play when a couple bigs get into foul trouble, although she may get a few minutes defending Griner, whom she actually does a very good job on.

Jefferson, Doty, Banks, Tuck and Stokes are the five backups, with Banks shifting between the SG and SF (when UConn goes small) positions. I like the idea of playing Doty and Jefferson together. Doty can run the offense, while Jefferson can focus on attacking the basket and getting into the paint - the two things she's best at right now.

The bottom line is that this team is incredible deep and versatile. Not sure Geno's had this much depth to play with since the pre-injured 2000-01 team.

I agree on your second line. However if you think logically about the positions of the starters, the second line is less defined. Buck is obviously the last off the bench. The other 10 will all get playing time.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of token starters anyway.

I guesss you are not a fan of a kid who has given her heart and soul, not to mention her knee to the program.

Tell me, how does someone get this bitter and mean towards a girl like CD. What kind of person makes a comment like that or puts a kid down who for no fault of her own can't play up to YOUR demands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom