Doron visits the team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Doron visits the team

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The entire bench crouched over swaying their low-hanging testiculos.
This is one I thought of, but I didn't want to hog the thread too much. I edited to add Donny clapping, after I'd intended to stop at 2.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Doron had a special gift for quickly reading the court and throwing long outlet passes in transition. And so steady with the ball and the half court offense. Nice 3 ball shooter. One of the best players ever to grace the courts at UConn!
I always thought that if he’d grown up in the US he’d have been a great pro-style football QB. Great vision, great touch, great accuracy, great accuracy, good size.

Reaction Score
OK, a few one-offs that are not displays of basketball skills popped up for me:
What else in this category?

Tied game at Texas. Freshman Roscoe Smith launches a shot that sails over the backboard and lands in the pep band. It was a desperation last second heave - except there were 11 seconds still left in the game.

Ever since then, I’ve gone into every season remembering that at times, freshman are going to play like freshman.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Tied game at Texas. Freshman Roscoe Smith launches a shot that sails over the backboard and lands in the pep band. It was a desperation last second heave - except there were 11 seconds still left in the game.

Ever since then, I’ve gone into every season remembering that at times, freshman are going to play like freshman.
Great tool for perspective.

Even before I click on the video, I burst out laughing as soon as I see the still image. Every time.

Hat tip to @JakeTheDog for loading it in today.

Reaction Score
One thing I always remember about Doron was if there was a loose ball or long rebound scrum where a group of players were involved. He always came out of the pack dribbling the ball. He had a nose for the ball. Using the football reference earlier in this thread, if there was a fumble, he would always come out of the pile with the ball.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My bad @JakeTheDog - didn’t realize you had already posted this.
I think you and Jake were a perfect team on this one. He provided the video, and you told the story behind the video AND gave it additional value by sharing what the episode taught you.

And look at this alternate two-fer version I found . . .

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
Doron was the definition of a point guard. A true floor general.

None of that “combo guard” stuff

One of my favorites. Those to young to watch him game in game out were deprived of a great Husky

I had the pleasure of spending time with Doron at a summer camp in Greenwich back in 2014, which was the last time he visited campus. He is a truly special person and a real role model… not just a UConn legend.
why thank you!

Reaction Score
A former player found the board. Think it’s time to pack it up fellas…
One problem with that take… after his bout with cancer, Doron found religion. He is completely Shabbat-observant, so he wouldn’t be using electronics or the internet between sundown Friday and approximately 25 hours later. So, while @MyDorona might be a Sheffer super fan, he certainly isn’t the Israeli Iceman.

Reaction Score
OK, a few one-offs that are not displays of basketball skills popped up for me:

Hilton scratching his his temple at the foul line
El-Amin jumping onto the Pitt scorer's table
Donny's clapping that earned a technical

What else in this category?
Rashad dressed in his Halloween gear

Reaction Score
Security camera videos and cell phone incident captures not valid.

DeAndre had a good one also.

Hawkins is working on a good arms down, hands together enthusiasm expression.
Rashad's 3-finger and/or blowing on his fingers
Talik's broad smile
Any mention of broad smile should include Kemba. I still remember driving by Gampel one Saturday morning when Kemba exited with huge smile.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
One problem with that take… after his bout with cancer, Doron found religion. He is completely Shabbat-observant, so he wouldn’t be using electronics or the internet between sundown Friday and approximately 25 hours later. So, while @MyDorona might be a Sheffer super fan, he certainly isn’t the Israeli Iceman.
Now that is knowledge….

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom