Doron visits the team | The Boneyard

Doron visits the team

Reaction Score
Doron had a special gift for quickly reading the court and throwing long outlet passes in transition. And so steady with the ball and the half court offense. Nice 3 ball shooter. One of the best players ever to grace the courts at UConn!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hope we get more material out of this visit, like a video of him signing the wall and some quotes. One of my favorite Huskies and master of the pass ahead.

I regret that I do not possess the skills to create a GIF of a Sheffer outlet pass.

Oh how'd I'd love to have a small library of more game-to-game moving images that my mind's eye can instantly conjure with joy. These aren't the iconic one-offs like Ray's peddling feet en route to the layup against Georgetown, Caron's behind-the-back pass, the many thunderous dunks and winning shots, etc.

Instead, I'm thinking of Sheffer's pushing shoulder; Jake's double shoulders and hands together at the bottom of straight arms during a screen; even Rodney Purvis about to launch himself toward the basket but being 'reminded' that his foot was out-of-bounds.
What are some others?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I regret that I do not possess the skills to create a GIF of a Sheffer outlet pass.

Oh how'd I'd love to have a small library of more game-to-game moving images that my mind's eye can instantly conjure with joy. These aren't the iconic one-offs like Ray's peddling feet en route to the layup against Georgetown, Caron's behind-the-back pass, the many thunderous dunks and winning shots, etc.

Instead, I'm thinking of Sheffer's pushing shoulder; Jake's double shoulders and hands together at the bottom of straight arms during a screen; even Rodney Purvis about to launch himself toward the basket but being 'reminded' that his foot was out-of-bounds.
What are some others?

I was reminded of it last night...Rip and Freeman bowing to each other.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
OK, a few one-offs that are not displays of basketball skills popped up for me:

Hilton scratching his his temple at the foul line
El-Amin jumping onto the Pitt scorer's table
Donny's clapping that earned a technical

What else in this category?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
OK, a few one-offs that are not displays of basketball skills popped up for me:

Hilton scratching his his temple at the foul line
El-Amin jumping onto the Pitt scorer's table
Donny's clapping that earned a technical

What else in this category?
Doug Wrenn walking out with unpaid shoes at Bob's Surplus

Reaction Score
Doron had a special gift for quickly reading the court and throwing long outlet passes in transition. And so steady with the ball and the half court offense. Nice 3 ball shooter. One of the best players ever to grace the courts at UConn!
I‘ve been complaining about BB IQ being the Achilles heel of this team because we really don’t have a take charge guy on the floor
That‘s the guy who knows what to do when things are not going well
Boy would a Doron solve that problem
or A Khalid , Shabazz , AJ, Talek , Kemba, Williams,
or eve Jalen and KO .

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Doug Wrenn walking out with unpaid shoes at Bob's Surplus
Security camera videos and cell phone incident captures not valid.
Donny saluting the crowd after a breakaway dunk against (I forget who).
DeAndre had a good one also.

Hawkins is working on a good arms down, hands together enthusiasm expression.
Rashad's 3-finger and/or blowing on his fingers
Talik's broad smile

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Doron was the definition of a point guard. A true floor general.

None of that “combo guard” stuff

One of my favorites. Those to young to watch him game in game out were deprived of a great Husky
With proof positive that speedy/shifty is not a requirement.
Plus, the rainbow threes!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

What are some others?

The 1994-1995 team with Doron, Ray, Ollie, Donny Marshall, Travis, Kirk King and Brian Fair was by far the most fun team to see in transition. So many rebound, pass, pass, basket scores. No dribble or maybe one. Donny with the leak outs for the layups and dunks. Ollie or Scheffer pushing the ball up to Ray for 3's.

There have been better and more successful teams but this was Red Aubach fast break clinic ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom