Dorka update | The Boneyard

Dorka update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Providence is up next then ND on Dec 4. Princeton is Dec 8
Neither team will be a problem. Providence will be a practice game and we have had ND's number for decades. Business as usual for Uconn. After today's game in that Iowa scared the living, "you know what " out of them and for them to come back with a vengeance like they did, the team has come to grips when the specter of defeat was staring them in the face, and prevailed. GO HUSKIES!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Neither team will be a problem. Providence will be a practice game and we have had ND's number for decades. Business as usual for Uconn. After today's game in that Iowa scared the living, "you know what " out of them and for them to come back with a vengeance like they did, the team has come to grips when the specter of defeat was staring them in the face, and prevailed. GO HUSKIES!!!
ND is ranked #7 in the AP poll. They are talented and hungry; the game is in South Bend. And Skylar Diggins would like to remind you she had UConn’s number when she was there

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Confidence is great but ND on the road will be a problem. A great game. Nika vs Olivia Miles may be the best matchup of the year as far as 1-1.

Reaction Score
Frankly, ND was the game I was worried about the most. Niele's teams have a penchant for rough housing in the paint and flopping everywhere else. Perhaps it's the Mabry effect.

And they have some seriously good talent in Miles and Citron.

Reaction Score
Right! Never take ND for granted.
Take nothing and nobody for granted.
In South Bend against the Irish, don’t expect a single bounce or close call to go our way.
The wisest way to go is to go to the opening tip off like you are already 10 points down.
Nika and Azzi BOTH push the ball as hard and fast as they can.
Put on the defensive pressure right away and contest everything.
Ayanna has to realize she can get called for a foul being passive, as easily as being aggressive.
Lou has to start out fast and take it to the rim , kick it back out if necessary.
Leave it all out on the court and make a statement.
There’s a reason Geno went for this tough front loaded schedule.
Toughness, seasoning, confidence.
The UCONN Huskies are here, and they’re going to stay here whether you like it or not.

Reaction Score
Decades? Wasn't there a period where UConn lost a bunch of games to them? I think they lost to ND 3 times in Stewie's freshman year alone.

Reaction Score
Frankly, ND was the game I was worried about the most. Niele's teams have a penchant for rough housing in the paint and flopping everywhere else. Perhaps it's the Mabry effect.

And they have some seriously good talent in Miles and Citron.
It will be like old times for Aubrey when she sees Citron on the opposing bench. They had some memorable matchups while they were in high school.

Reaction Score
Once she's back, and back into game shape, I expect Dorka will start next to Aaliyah. Our rotation will round into shape with Nika Azzi Caroline starting in the backcourt and Dorka Aaliyah in the front court. And the subs will be Lou Aubrey Ayanna. This sounds like a formidable team! I can only imagine how much Dorka will enjoy playing alongside the new Aaliyah.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I never expected Dorka back after three games. Not even for a split second. Honestly, don’t expect her back until January…..maybe. My .02
Agreed. Geno will need her the 2nd half of the season more than he will between now and the holiday break. All things in time. ;)

Reaction Score
Once she's back, and back into game shape, I expect Dorka will start next to Aaliyah. Our rotation will round into shape with Nika Azzi Caroline starting in the backcourt and Dorka Aaliyah in the front court. And the subs will be Lou Aubrey Ayanna. This sounds like a formidable team! I can only imagine how much Dorka will enjoy playing alongside the new Aaliyah.
Barring an injury to Lou, I think they’ll stick with her in the starting lineup for chemistry reason. Caroline is still very capable of getting hers off the bench. I also wouldn’t mind seeing Caroline starting at the 4 while Dorka is out/on her way back.

Reaction Score
Barring an injury to Lou, I think they’ll stick with her in the starting lineup for chemistry reason. Caroline is still very capable of getting hers off the bench. I also wouldn’t mind seeing Caroline starting at the 4 while Dorka is out/on her way back.
You may be right, and I think we've already begun to see Caroline at the 4 in stretches of this game. I'm not too worried about minutes since it would be good if Azzi Nika could play a little less than 40 mins. Just a simple rotation of these 4 in the backcourt would give each 30 mins. In Conference play, I expect to see something like this.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame hasn’t played anyone yet this year. No idea how we match up to them. They play Maryland next, we shall see.
Yes, the MD game will be revealing for them. They return 4 out of their 5 starters from last year, which is probably a good sign for them. They run a platoon at C with Ebo and Kylee Watson. Ebo actually scored 20 in their last outing against AZ St, which may or may not be representative of anything. They also have a freshman -- KK Bransford -- who seems to have had some success in their rotation. I think they'll be a tough game for us. especially without Dorka.

Reaction Score
ND is ranked #7 in the AP poll. They are talented and hungry; the game is in South Bend. And Skylar Diggins would like to remind you she had UConn’s number when she was there
That was then, this is now and Skylar Diggins is not playing. I believe our record against ND is 33W and 17 L,s. I believe we have a winning record in ND's home court so it is moot. I value all of your inputs, but this is my personal opinion. If you check my posts, you will note I said IOWA would mput up a valiant effort, but it wouldn't be enough. That was my feeling and it came true.
Decades? Wasn't there a period where UConn lost a bunch of games to them? I think they lost to ND 3 times in Stewie's freshman year True. there was a 2 year period when ND won 7out of 8 against Uconn. I was a little overboard with that statement,but we have playing ND for over 20 years and we are 33-17 against them. We have the team right now that will win the game. GO HUSKIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom