Dorka on Hungarian Senior National team | The Boneyard

Dorka on Hungarian Senior National team

Reaction Score
Hmm, let me try to guess without the google.

France - Gabby, Lou
Canada - Kia, Aaliyah
Hungary - Dorka
US - Stewie, Pheesa, DT
Portugal - Ines (a stretch)
Gabby isn't listed on French roster for EuroBasket qualifers. She should be when the Olympics comes around but I suspect Lou will have a hard time making the team.

Kia is listed for Canada's National team but not Aaliyah

Ines played for the U20 team (not a starter) ... don't know about the national team (kind of doubt it)

Reaction Score
Gabby isn't listed on French roster for EuroBasket qualifers. She should be when the Olympics comes around but I suspect Lou will have a hard time making the team.

Kia is listed for Canada's National team but not Aaliyah

Ines played for the U20 team (not a starter) ... don't know about the national team (kind of doubt it)
In defense of INES... I watched many of the Portuguese U 20 team's game. Their HC style was very
unlike UCONN (IMO), so... coming off of almost a year with GENO while she had some ++ moments, INES Was
but not in rhythm with that particular style of play. Portugal had another young lady who was
their primary PG... so Ines did not have significant minutes. That said, Ines is probably years
away from any " National Team" invitation, never mind playing with them (again, IMO) GO INES! GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
It's really nice to see Dorka doing so well since leaving UConn. I always admired her for being a hardworking basketball player and as a personable woman.

We UConn fans take a shine to various players for whatever reasons, but there are some players that most everyone just likes. Dorka is one of those. Another is Lou. It's a little unusual that both of those women were transfers and at UConn for only two and one years respectively and still made their mark. Both were on the injury depleted teams and both gave the team exactly what was needed. Face it, without those two the difficulties that faced UConn last year and the year before would have been way worse. Yeah Dorka! And Lou too!

Reaction Score
The European teams were playing in the 2025 EuroBasket qualifiers:

Dorka and Hungary won handily and should qualify for that tournament. The Olympics could be a little trickier as they have to avoid last place in a group featuring Spain, Japan, and a team from this tournament, which could be Canada:

They do play at home though so that could be the edge. Also, them and Japan will be a fascinating matchup. The top three among Brazil, Germany, Serbia, and Australia as well as the top two between China, New Zealand, and the other Americas qualifier and the top two between Senegal, Belgium, and Nigeria will also qualify for the Olympics alongside France and the United States.

Lou did play for France off the bench. Gabby is one of many injury absences this window so it remains to be seen who will be participating in February. The tricky thing for Lou is that if she wants any chance at the Olympics, she would probably have to give up on the WNBA season.

Anna played in Poland's massive upset of Belgium so they have a good chance at EuroBasket qualification. Croatia missed a golden chance to put themselves in perfect position early after not being able to finish the job against a Spain team missing post players. Obviously they do not have Nika, but they also missed Ivana Dojkic among others and still almost won even with Shavonte Zellous having an off game. They will certainly be wondering about Nika's plans next season as the last four qualifiers are in November 2024 and February 2025.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Hmm, let me try to guess without the google.

France - Gabby, Lou
Canada - Kia, Aaliyah
Hungary - Dorka
US - Stewie, Pheesa, DT
Egypt - Jana?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Copied from @BRS24

France - Gabby, Lou
Canada - Kia, Aaliyah
Hungary - Dorka
US - Stewie, Pheesa, DT
Plus:
Poland - Anna
Croatia - Nika?
Egypt - Jana? (guessing no as she’s very young and missing development time due to injury although her Dad is National Team coach)

Former Olympian Rashidat Sadiq was on the 2004 Nigerian National Team.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Lou with the French National Team

That lattice-work tape job on her knee is new to me. I’ve worn lotsa different kinds of tape on my knee, and I’ve never seen that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In defense of INES... I watched many of the Portuguese U 20 team's game. Their HC style was very
unlike UCONN (IMO), so... coming off of almost a year with GENO while she had some ++ moments, INES Was
but not in rhythm with that particular style of play. Portugal had another young lady who was
their primary PG... so Ines did not have significant minutes. That said, Ines is probably years
away from any " National Team" invitation, never mind playing with them (again, IMO) GO INES! GO HUSKIES!
As an aside, is anyone else noticed how fit Ines is? She has invested a huge amount of time at getting in shape for the season. I have a lot of respect for that.

I also feel for her a little bit, because it looks as if, based on the first game, she is unlikely to get anywhere near as significant minutes as she did last year. That's a good thing for the team, but I do feel for her. She had a trial by fire last year and managed it pretty well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That lattice-work tape job on her knee is new to me. I’ve worn lotsa different kinds of tape on my knee, and I’ve never seen that.
Almost looks as if it is positioning the kneecap? Does that make sense?

Reaction Score
Dorka and Hungary are in good shape in EuroBasket qualifying after winning in Finland.

Lou got to return to Ireland for an easy France win.

Anna and Poland really missed out on a big opportunity with an overtime loss to a Lithuania team missing multiple starters.

Recap of all the games:

Kia and Canada defeated Puerto Rico:

That means that Olympic qualifying goes like this:

Top three:
Hungary, Canada, Japan, Spain
Brazil, Australia, Germany, Serbia

Two two other than the team already qualified:
China, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, France
Belgium, Nigeria, Senegal, United States

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online