Dorka Juhasz transferring to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dorka Juhasz transferring to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No Jolly Green Giant next year but a heck of a lot of height!. 3 - 6'5", 1 - 6'4", 1 - 6'3", 2 - 6'2", 1 - 6'1", 1 - 6'0", 4 - 5'11", 1 - 5'10", 1 - 5'8" ...wow! Paige must b 5'11.99" because she looks to be taller than the other 5'11".

Reaction Score
If she decides to use both of her remaining years of eligibility she'd give the Huskies a potential star inside to go along with Edwards in '22, allowing Brady and to a lesser extent Patterson to ease their way in.

I like this addition for '21 but even more so for '22.
what happened to DeBerry? Is she chopped liver all of a sudden?;)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Top link has a pic of her going against Liv. From 2 years ago.
1618255275179.png

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Whoa, can't say I saw this coming. Then again, I'm still moderately surprised she and Aaliyah Petty left a team that was competitive for most of the B1G before a late-season losing streak. I watched a number of OSU games this year and Juhasz and Patty were focal points of OSU's attack, defense and verve. They also seemed to enjoy their teammates judging by their reactions on- and off-court.

Well, with that said....
  • UConn is getting a surprisingly athletic, rangy forward who can stick the mid-range jumper and is a rebounding fool (that's good). My guess is that she'll splt time with O N-O and she'll be great with Edwards.
  • What does Dorka get? Well, she's earned her undergrad degree from OSU already. Maybe she wants to get her grad degree from Dr. Geno: namely the training and refinement that he can offer (as much from practice as games, frankly) to help get her ready for a legitimate shot at the pro level, whether that's in Europe and/or the U.S.
Oh yeah, and she'll get to do so on a team that makes a strong run at the NCAA title..

Just get her to work on her FT% ...it was under 50% this year, which does not compute considering how good her mid-range jumper is....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm a bit surprised that the coaches have added another player to the mix, surprised but happy. I'm happy because they know what they are doing and I am pretty sure that they have not made any promises to her so let’s restart the "who the 5 starters will be" conversations.
"Minutes are earned in practice."
Hope playing in the Big Least won't seem a comedown for her...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Hope playing in the Big Least won't seem a comedown for her...
Why must you denigrate the Big East at every opportunity? Give it a rest already as nothing can be done about what league we are in. And oh, by the way, the Big East seemed to get quite a few significant transfers in this year from P5 programs where they were starters.
The Big East is the #6 conference and we are significantly better situated in 2021-22 than we would be had we stayed in the American.

Reaction Score
This will only give more "ammo" to those saying, "where are her minutes going to come from"? :rolleyes:

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Unbelievable!!! There already was a log jam for minutes...this only makes it even more difficult. What a tremendous get....a rebounder, a three point shooter and a 6'4" interior player. UConn will be a very balanced team and the UConn nation can purchase their final four tickets now... God, we are blessed...it is good to be a UConn fan. Ono, Edwards, Dorka, Deberry and Gabriel..OMG!!! 6'5", 6'5", 6'5", 6'4" and 6'3" and two jack rabbit pogo sticks in Aubrey Griffin and Mir McLean...how does anyone other than UConn ever get a rebound.

Reaction Score
I'm excited! Quality depth at a position of need is always important, and allows us to be even more versatile and play different styles. Plus I think it'll be very helpful for ONO's offensive development to practice against Dorka every day.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Very surprised at this news. I apologize to those BY’ers who I doubted when they first suggested this possibility. Clearly, Geno has opened up a pipeline to Eastern European players. The challenge of managing the roster next season will be significant.

Reaction Score
Maybe Geno is trying to be like Tara... have a team of 14-15 players so he can go 10-11 deep at the end of the season. I would love to see 5 players 6' and under... and the other 10 to be 6" and taller ;) Ideally 5 at 6'4" and taller... but I am not greedy ;)

Reaction Score
Very surprised at this news. I apologize to those BY’ers who I doubted when they first suggested this possibility. Clearly, Geno has opened up a pipeline to Eastern European players. The challenge of managing the roster next season will be significant.

Happily accepted. Geno's comments in the Post article clearly indicate he wants more out of ONO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom