Dorka Juhasz 19/20 Highlights | The Boneyard

Dorka Juhasz 19/20 Highlights

Reaction Score
While it’s only a highlights imho it’s fair to say her offensive skills are unlike the current post players. Seems very typical
Of European players. Very good skills and
Can shoot the 3 if she can defend at a reasonable level will get major minutes

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The outside shooting is merely a lagniappe. We need her in and around the paint.

Whoa, gotta admit I have never seen "lagniappe" in print and I have never heard anyone drop it in conversation. Sent me running to the dictionary. (I agree with the comment, by the way.)

But I digress.

Highlights are just that, but they do show that Dorka has been well coached in low post play and she is not afraid of contact in the lane. Good instincts moving without the ball. Also, most of the threes she made in the video were from behind the "new" line for next year. She will definitely help and Geno will have a whole lot of options with her in the mix that he did not have before.

Hopefully her shooting woes in 2020-2021 are an aberration.

Reaction Score
She looks crafty. I think how well she shoots the three point shot, and how well she plays against top opponents will dictate her value to the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Dorka has an all-around game, which will benefit the Huskies greatly. Strong at the rim, strong shooting the 3, strong offensive rebounding. We should be playing for the NC if everybody does the work and plays their game, doesn't try to do too much. Paige will be much better because she won't have to carry the scoring burden. With Dorka, Azzi, Caroline, Saylor and Amari, there should be more than enough offense from the newcomers.

Reaction Score
great highlights especially on her inside game.............if I'm reading her career stats correctly she's only shooting 30% from three and is a .540 free throw shooter so plenty for her to work on in the next year or two........

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I would think Dorka is coming to UConn to be tweaked and work on her overall game to get up to speed to play professionally. My guess is she's here for 2 years for the simple reason she has to improve to play at the next level. There has been so much talk about bigs. UConn has bigs and is bringing in more bigs next season too. They are all really really good. However most of the scoring on all teams comes from ball handlers which is usually guards. Bigs who can handle the ball can score can score alot of points. Still it comes down to guards. Guards who can get the ball to those bigs . UConn has guards that can score and get bigs the ball.

I keep reading posts about unsatisfied fans who wish we had a 6'7 girl because SC and Stanford do. Well we dont and that aint changin over the next 2 years. What we do have are a bunch of girls who can shoot and make plays. The competition will drive every players on UConns roster to excel. We have multiple bigs who can play inside. Learning defense and how to keep those 6'7 girls from scoring will be the focus. If you look bigs how many are in the top 10 in scoring and how many guards/forwards score more? The presence of a 6'7 post player can be intimating and as a shot blocker can be an asset. However ballhandlers who can penetrate can get those big girls in foul trouble.

SC is bringing in a great class along with Cardoso. They will be vey tuff. Stanford has a good roster and is bringing in Betts 6'7 in another year. UConn has multiple girls over 6'4 who can play and two generational players in Paige and Azzi. You cant compare other guards to Paige and Azzi because imo there are none that are better. Paige and Azzi can win games for their team in multiple ways. I know Azzi hasnt played a game for UConn yet, but just her presence on the floor with Paige will open the middle up for our bigs to go one on one with opponents. Not much more we can say about it. We are what we are and we are really really good and gonna be very tuff to beat. UConn Stanford and SC are the top 3 teams for this season and I dont think there is any team close to them. BB is a team game. One player can make a difference and 2 players can make a huge difference especially when those two players are controlling the game.

Reaction Score
Excellent highlight film. Dorka finishing on passes into the paint is my
favorite play. Also enjoy those "spin moves". The UCONN Guard play
and the SPEED of the ball movement will only make the INTERIOR GAME
that much better. Go Oliva, Go Aaliyah, Go Amari, Go Aubrey, and looking
forward to many put backs from MIR!.

Reaction Score
I thought CGA said the transfer portal was a mess.

Reaction Score
I'm really interested to see how she fits in. Is she mobile and athletic enough to play the 4 alongside Liv. In what areas does she need to improve to accomplish her goal to make it to the league. Does she need to get stronger or does she need to work more on ball skills and be more perimeter oriented. I've watched highlights and games from last season and she really looks like a great pick up and all around player. I like that she can shoot from the perimeter and attack a close out off the dribble and take a pull up jumper. Only concern, which has been discussed on other threads is minutes.

Reaction Score
I'm really interested to see how she fits in. Is she mobile and athletic enough to play the 4 alongside Liv. In what areas does she need to improve to accomplish her goal to make it to the league. Does she need to get stronger or does she need to work more on ball skills and be more perimeter oriented. I've watched highlights and games from last season and she really looks like a great pick up and all around player. I like that she can shoot from the perimeter and attack a close out off the dribble and take a pull up jumper. Only concern, which has been discussed on other threads is minutes.
not sure if you saw my earlier post...........she only averages 30% from three point land and shoots .540% from the foul line.........if she wants to stick in the WNBA she needs to improve in both those areas............on the positive side she appears to be a strong finisher in the paint and that is something every team especially UConn needs......

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The outside shooting is merely a lagniappe. We need her in and around the paint.
Agreed. There are few if any fouls to be had shooting beyond the arc, while a plethora of fouls and - and 1’s are just waiting to be had in the paint. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Whoa, gotta admit I have never seen "lagniappe" in print and I have never heard anyone drop it in conversation. Sent me running to the dictionary. (I agree with the comment, by the way.)

But I digress.

Highlights are just that, but they do show that Dorka has been well coached in low post play and she is not afraid of contact in the lane. Good instincts moving without the ball. Also, most of the threes she made in the video were from behind the "new" line for next year. She will definitely help and Geno will have a whole lot of options with her in the mix that he did not have before.

Hopefully her shooting woes in 2020-2021 are an aberration.
With respect to “lagniappe”, me too. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom