Doris Burke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Doris Burke

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
While I understand why some don't like Knight, I find him interesting to listen to at times. A lot of his philosophy seems to be outdated (he seems to cringe every time a guy takes a three), but his angry old man shtick is amusing to me as well.

Knight seems to analyze the coaching decisions as much as (or more than) the play on the court. Or starts talking about what a coach SHOULD do, when the game starts to slip away, before the coach actually does something. "Coach Neenerneener's got to take a time out here, and set up his defensive options to have them ready to be pressed or not. No, it looks like he's letting them play. That might cost him when... and there's the press, and they're not ready for... Oh, good pass over the press."

Reaction Score
Honestly, I can't think of anybody who lets the game breathe anymore. There's way too much talking on almost every broadcast I watch. I wish you hadn't mentioned Knight, I get the same doomed feeling with him that I get with Len Elmore. Maybe Shabazz will use the pump fake early and Knight will pass out with his .
I'm a big Len Elmore fan. He's nothing flashy, he doesn't take away from the game. Having him as a commentator is like you're sitting at the game watching it with your old knowledgeable but a little monotone grandfather

I hate Doris, she's monotone as well but it just comes off as cold, emotionless, and often harsh on the huskies. I just usually get the feeling that she's tired of saying "UConn", she's a downer

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
While I understand why some don't like Knight, I find him interesting to listen to at times. A lot of his philosophy seems to be outdated (he seems to cringe every time a guy takes a three), but his angry old man shtick is amusing to me as well.

I don't dislike him, he just looks really, really unhappy. You can tell he wants to be on the sidelines and not in the broadcast area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom