Doris Burke | The Boneyard

Doris Burke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've always thought Doris was one of the more insightful/intelligent commentators beyond the script (especially when calling men's games). She's doing the women's game vs. Duke and just gave KO enormous props for filling HOF shoes.

Reaction Score
She's not the best around, but she's better than she's given credit for, IMO. I'd take her to announce a big game over a guy like Jimmy Dykes or Dick Vitale any time.

Reaction Score
She's smug and monotone. But I did like the KO comment. Didn't like the comment that the Duke men are like the UConn women and can run it up on their opponents. Wtf? Dook is our floor mat both women and men. Seriously, was the Christian Laettner game the last meaningful win the men had against UConn? They did win a 2000 early season game but I can't think of anything else "meaningful". And the women - read the Courant today. Dookie women don't show up.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
She's not the best around, but she's better than she's given credit for, IMO. I'd take her to announce a big game over a guy like Jimmy Dykes or Vitale any time.
i like jimmy, hes unbiased and gave ko and us a lot of props and talk when he did the cuse game last year

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I've always thought Doris was one of the more insightful/intelligent commentators beyond the script (especially when calling men's games). She's doing the women's game vs. Duke and just gave KO enormous props for filling HOF shoes.
i like doris, unbiased, knows her stuff and comes off as she loves the game... monotone yes but i dont mind it and it's better than dickie v

Reaction Score
i like jimmy, hes unbiased and gave ko and us a lot of props and talk when he did the cuse game last year

I'm not sure I'd describe him as unbiased. From what I've heard, he's a huge Kentucky and SEC homer. I'll grant you, there have been times where I haven't minded him. But most of the time I tend to mute the TV when he's on.

As for Doris, the one thing I don't like about her is her refusal to ever let the game breathe a little bit. She tends to over-analyze things from time to time. She's not bad, though.

Reaction Score
at some point she became way too talkative and stopped letting the game breath, but I still like her because she clearly does her homework and knows players inside and out. we're going to have pretty much the opposite tomorrow for the Stanford game in Bobby Knight who doesn't even know the players' names, let alone their game and tendencies.

Reaction Score
at some point she became way too talkative and stopped letting the game breath, but I still like her because she clearly does her homework and knows players inside and out. we're going to have pretty much the opposite tomorrow for the Stanford game in Bobby Knight who doesn't even know the players' names, let alone their game and tendencies.

Honestly, I can't think of anybody who lets the game breathe anymore. There's way too much talking on almost every broadcast I watch. I wish you hadn't mentioned Knight, I get the same doomed feeling with him that I get with Len Elmore. Maybe Shabazz will use the pump fake early and Knight will pass out with his .

Reaction Score
She's smug and monotone. But I did like the KO comment. Didn't like the comment that the Duke men are like the UConn women and can run it up on their opponents. Wtf? Dook is our floor mat both women and men. Seriously, was the Christian Laettner game the last meaningful win the men had against UConn? They did win a 2000 early season game but I can't think of anything else "meaningful". And the women - read the Courant today. Dookie women don't show up.
She wasn't talking about the Duke men running it up on UConn...

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
lol loving the uconn fans in body paint in the front row at center court

Reaction Score
Honestly, I can't think of anybody who lets the game breathe anymore. There's way too much talking on almost every broadcast I watch. I wish you hadn't mentioned Knight, I get the same doomed feeling with him that I get with Len Elmore. Maybe Shabazz will use the pump fake early and Knight will pass out with his .

True about the talkative aspects of broadcasts these days, seems to be a plague across all sports. NFL Thursday night games pretty much have to be put on mute with the way Mayock can go on and on.

Reaction Score
She wasn't talking about the Duke men running it up on UConn...
Yes, I know. But I'm easily offended. They should just talk about how great the UConn men have been over 20 years the entire women's game. But , that KML chick can shoot. Geez.

Last edited:

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

Bobby Knight looks so depressed when he's calling a game that I almost need to pop a Prozac when I watch for too long.

Reaction Score

My worst nightmare Doris doing mens games She never shuts up and goes on and on and on and on and on and on ... Ruins the game for me

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Bobby Knight looks so depressed when he's calling a game that I almost need to pop a Prozac when I watch for too long.

I'm probably the only one, be he really makes me laugh. Not for the right reasons, but still. It's entertaining to me.

Reaction Score
I'm probably the only one, be he really makes me laugh. Not for the right reasons, but still. It's entertaining to me.

While I understand why some don't like Knight, I find him interesting to listen to at times. A lot of his philosophy seems to be outdated (he seems to cringe every time a guy takes a three), but his angry old man shtick is amusing to me as well.

Reaction Score

I love DB. The one thing I don't like about her is that she is a PCee alum.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
She is my second favorite analyst .only takes a backseat to "hot like fire" Dickie Simpkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom