Doomed | The Boneyard

Doomed

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20180905-183131.png

Reaction Score
one of Achiuwa's AAU coaches Shane Denully just accepted a position on UNC's staff. He is very close with Achiuwa I'm guessing just based off his Instagram. He posts a ton of pictures with Achiuwa and always is hyping him up. Definitely not a good sign. He seems like he is almost Achiuwa's mentor. Also a little fishy of a hire for UNC...

Reaction Score
one of Achiuwa's AAU coaches Shane Denully just accepted a position on UNC's staff. He is very close with Achiuwa I'm guessing just based off his Instagram. He posts a ton of pictures with Achiuwa and always is hyping him up. Definitely not a good sign. He seems like he is almost Achiuwa's mentor. Also a little fishy of a hire for UNC...
Has anyone seen anything from Carolina about the hire? All I have seen was the Instagram post from 7 hours ago featuring a few comments suggesting he might be trolling. Wouldn't put it past UNC to hire someone so close to a top recruit but I am not sure this hire really happened. His post didn't include anything about what position he was taking on the staff and I am not sure why he would troll about this it certainly seems a little off to me. Slater's Crystal Ball pick does concern me a little, maybe he saw the Instagram post as well. Denully also does not follow Carolina Basketball on Instagram and they do not follow him. Any information would be appreciated and if anyone has anymore concrete evidence of the hiring then let me know.
UPDATE: Most recent comment comes from someone he seems to be close with saying, "stop lying to the people" with laughing faces accompanying it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Has anyone seen anything from Carolina about the hire? All I have seen was the Instagram post from 7 hours ago featuring a few comments suggesting he might be trolling. Wouldn't put it past UNC to hire someone so close to a top recruit but I am not sure this hire really happened. His post didn't include anything about what position he was taking on the staff and I am not sure why he would troll about this it certainly seems a little off to me. Slater's Crystal Ball pick does concern me a little, maybe he saw the Instagram post as well. Denully also does not follow Carolina Basketball on Instagram and they do not follow him. Any information would be appreciated and if anyone has anymore concrete evidence of the hiring then let me know.
UNC does not have any spots open on there staff it appears. I just don't think he would be trolling about something like this. But something is odd/fishy about the hire, if it did happen.

Reaction Score
UNC does not have any spots open on there staff it appears. I just don't think he would be trolling about something like this. But something is odd/fishy about the hire, if it did happen.
Definitely agree that it seems like a weird thing to troll about, just feel like I would see something from someone on Twitter with inside information breaking the news. A simple search for the name Shane Denully on Twitter only returns 1 tweet relevant to the topic. A blue blood like UNC would certainly have more attention drawn to a new hire than this.

Reaction Score
Definitely agree that it seems like a weird thing to troll about, just feel like I would see something from someone on Twitter with inside information breaking the news. A simple search for the name Shane Denully on Twitter only returns 1 tweet relevant to the topic. A blue blood like UNC would certainly have more attention drawn to a new hire than this.
True. After doing a little research into his Instagram apparently Precious has lived with him for like 4 years.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Most likely will also be a professor of the phantom classes..............................
I hate UNC - almost as much as Duke and Cuse

Reaction Score
Yikes. Never good when a school that has NEVER been mentioned with a kid picks up momentum out of no where.

Reaction Score
I said in June or July that blue bloods where putting the press on him. I hear the staff feel they lead but others (reporters and bloggers) I talk to say it may not be true that uconn is not in the driver seat

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
UConn may be the best scouting agency for the blue blood programs since 2000.
First in to cast the wide-net bad energy take. Kudos.
All the way back to 2000? How so? Why not before then?
Building the brand, protecting your niche.

Reaction Score
This one was always going to be tough. His recruitment is going to last for a while, I wouldn't sweat it out.

Reaction Score
UPDATE: Most recent comment comes from someone he seems to be close with saying, "stop lying to the people" with laughing faces accompanying it.
Who are you?

Reaction Score
I said in June or July that blue bloods where putting the press on him. I hear the staff feel they lead but others (reporters and bloggers) I talk to say it may not be true that uconn is not in the driver seat
Just trying to understand the second sentence.

1). The UConn staff feel they lead.: O.K. I got that.

2). The double negative kind of threw me here. So you're saying reporters and bloggers say UConn is in the driver's seat? Or is that supposed to be one negative? I'm confused.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just trying to understand the second sentence.

1). The UConn staff feel they lead.: O.K. I got that.

2). The double negative kind of threw me here. So you're saying reporters and bloggers say UConn is in the driver's seat? Or is that supposed to be one negative? I'm confused.

I think he forgot to put an 'and' in there so:

I hear the staff feel they lead but others (reporters and bloggers) I talk to say it may not be true, and that uconn is not in the driver seat

Reaction Score
I think he forgot to put an 'and' in there so:

I hear the staff feel they lead but others (reporters and bloggers) I talk to say it may not be true, and that uconn is not in the driver seat
Ah, that would make sense. Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom