Dook lost Sean Steward...Mass exodus near complete... | The Boneyard

Dook lost Sean Steward...Mass exodus near complete...

Reaction Score
I don't care if this is Duke. I despise this. I am not THAT magnanimous. Watching a good product is selfishly more important to me than some kid I don't know and his scatterbrained quest for more and more. Why would I care about his happiness that much??. If you say that you love that these kids just jump ship cuz it's good for only them, then you'd have to say to your girlfriend who leaves you for your best friend "good for her. This'll make her happy"

we're all charitable buddhist monks on here until it happens to us.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't care if this is Duke. I despise this. I am not THAT magnanimous. Watching a good product is selfishly more important to me than some kid I don't know and his scatterbrained quest for more and more. Why would I care about his happiness that much??. If you say that you love that these kids just jump ship cuz it's good for only them, then you'd have to say to your girlfriend who leaves you for your best friend "good for her. This'll make her happy"

We don't have Scheyer

Reaction Score
Only a matter of time before they’re a laughing stock of a program. They sold their culture and winning formula to be a poor man’s version of Kentucky.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Haaa! I mean, that's pretty funny. But he took them to the elite 8. These teams getting decimated by kids who can't sit still for a youtube video longer than 2 minutes is not the height of human development.

We act as if they are making these huge decisions with a lifetime of experience and wisdom: when I was 20 I belly flopped off my balcony in hunting lodge onto a Beirut table and wound up with 50 stitches in the ER.

He’s done nothing but recruit over everyone he’s recruited. He’s done nothing to keep them. He’s trying to be Cal.

Duke lost 9 kids this year so far and their coach stayed. Unheard of especially for a program like them

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
You mean 5* recruits who have had their egos stroked their entire lives are all of a sudden being recruited over and watching their playing time dwindle with every letter of intent signed doesn’t build a good college basketball culture? Who knew.

F Duke

Reaction Score
Transfers will happen, but when you have the right culture it gets minimized. I've got no issue with laughing at Scheyer flailing.
In all seriousness, I do hope and think you are right. I think it will make programs care more about culture rather than legacy hires or coaches who rely on name alone.
But as a cbb fan, one of my favorite things was to look at a teams roster, how they build for the future, how their freshman are going to progress etc...

One of the greatest things as a UConn fan was watching someone like Kemba start off as a wild, erratic, freshman with a ceiling that had us all salivating. If he left after his freshman year we would've missed out on that development. I love watching coaches develop guys no matter who the team is.

Reaction Score

I hear you, but it's Duke.

I think I'm going to laugh at Duke.

Reaction Score
That team has every advantage in the world including more money than God, one of the most beautiful campuses in the country, and a network (if not an entire media apparatus) full-time cheerleading for them. They’ll be fine but, in the interim, it’s schadenfreude time.

Reaction Score
He’s done nothing but recruit over everyone he’s recruited. He’s done nothing to keep them. He’s trying to be Cal.

Duke lost 9 kids this year so far and their coach stayed. Unheard of especially for a program like them
Have they now passed KY transfers who left? We probably should have scoreboard for this.

Reaction Score
I mean they have 25 freshman incoming who are expecting playing time. This was inevitable
Yeah, its almost like the transfer portal was designed with Duke 5 star recruits riding the bench in favor of new 5 star freshman in mind

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I do hope and think you are right. I think it will make programs care more about culture rather than legacy hires or coaches who rely on name alone.
But as a cbb fan, one of my favorite things was to look at a teams roster, how they build for the future, how their freshman are going to progress etc...

One of the greatest things as a UConn fan was watching someone like Kemba start off as a wild, erratic, freshman with a ceiling that had us all salivating. If he left after his freshman year we would've missed out on that development. I love watching coaches develop guys no matter who the team is.
Kemba Walker did just fine as a freshman - on a team that was ranked #1 at one point in the season and went to the final four. How on earth should he have expected anything different ?!? I have to think part of the reason he picked UConn was because they weren't going to promise him he's be a starter like some other schools likely did.

Reaction Score

Cal was able to hide his mediocre, at best, coaching skills behind premium recruiting for decades. Even moderately intelligent people play to their strengths. Cals bank account would suggest hes the most successful coach in cbb history, without having to offer any objective metrics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom