Dook lost Sean Steward...Mass exodus near complete... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dook lost Sean Steward...Mass exodus near complete...

Reaction Score
Pay Pal Cal is gone so Duke IS the new Kentucky. The “brotherhood” means nothing when only 2 players return and the rest are run out of town. Having said that they’re one backup PG transfer away from being scary, at least on paper.

Stewart——Transfer
Proctor——Harris (4*)
Evans (5*)—Knueppel (5*)
Flagg (5*)—Brown (transfer)
Maluch (5*)-Ngongba (4*)

I’m surprised they’re getting brown from Cuse to backup Flagg, and Harris should decommit if they bring in another guard.
These kids are, for the most part, naive. They believe dUKE is always great and all the players are happy there and go on to long careers in the NBA. They don't look at past classes's ratings and where the players eventually ended up and they've always been told how special they are so they figure all will be great for them.
After all, no matter how they're coached, they'll always be part of the "brotherhood".............

Reaction Score
Fascinating read. They're patting themselves on the back for only having three years with double digit losses in the last 25 and denigrating UConn for not making the tournament 6 times in the last 25 while grudgingly acknowledging the 6 Championships.
Also beating the drum that they had easy paths to the titles by only beating low seeds........Purdue notwithstanding.

Congrats to programs like Duke getting beat by lesser seeds in dance making it easier for us to win NCs lol….. they’re a stupid bunch aren’t they?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Haaa! I mean, that's pretty funny.

We act as if these kids are making these huge decisions with a lifetime of experience and wisdom: when I was 20 I belly flopped off my balcony in hunting lodge onto a Beirut table and wound up with 50 stitches in the ER.
Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Reaction Score
Hmm . . . a school fresh off 2 NCs and needs to be stronger or maybe just deeper at PF. Gee that would nice if a guy like Sean Steward would at least explore a program like UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Before we get too happy we need to see who they bring in to play guard. They have two fantastic centers coming in the best forward in the country to go along with another 5 star forward and a four star.
Yeah but remember all their recruits are freshmen.

Reaction Score
Pay Pal Cal is gone so Duke IS the new Kentucky. The “brotherhood” means nothing when only 2 players return and the rest are run out of town. Having said that they’re one backup PG transfer away from being scary, at least on paper.

Stewart——Transfer
Proctor——Harris (4*)
Evans (5*)—Knueppel (5*)
Flagg (5*)—Brown (transfer)
Maluch (5*)-Ngongba (4*)

I’m surprised they’re getting brown from Cuse to backup Flagg, and Harris should decommit if they bring in another guard.
Flagg will be backing up Brown. I'm sure that's what Schyer told Brown. The job was his, what with all that Cuse experience. Flagg needed to work on his game. Or did Brown just want to be a backup himself - a bench rotation guy - in preparation for HIS NBA career. Or maybe Brown is going there for the academics.

Sarcasm aside . . . what the heck was Brown thinking. Does he really think he will cut into Flaggs minutes? Or the other 5 stars on the roster. And how misleading and shifty are the Duke coaches.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Transfers will happen, but when you have the right culture it gets minimized. I've got no issue with laughing at Scheyer flailing.
When you recruit 6 5* wings somebody is going to be unhappy about it. He said he realized that grabbing all 5* guys was a bad strategy but he can’t seem to help himself.

Reaction Score
Fascinating read. They're patting themselves on the back for only having three years with double digit losses in the last 25 and denigrating UConn for not making the tournament 6 times in the last 25 while grudgingly acknowledging the 6 Championships.
Also beating the drum that they had easy paths to the titles by only beating low seeds........Purdue notwithstanding.
There are a couple fans over there deluded enough to believe academics still matter. Sure sure, banchero, Zion, ingram etc were all real bookworms lmao. Academics stopped mattering 20 years ago

Reaction Score
Brown and Flagg will be playing together the majority of the season, including starting, imo. No idea how things are going to pan out for the rest of the high schoolers, but both Cs are young and green. Neither is a day 1 guy atm.

caw

Reaction Score
If you read that post with their thread, the dUKE fans are all touting: how they're in the mix every year and denigrating UConn (although grudgingly admitting we have six championships) because we've missed the tournament six times in 25 years.

They're clearly miffed that we passed them in the number of championships so they've reset their goal for the time being to getting to the tournament and not having double digit losses.

They also touted how their Final Four game with NC State outdrew UConn vs. Purdue. They must have missed the Cinderella aspect of that game and its draw for casual fans.

Day and time also large factors.

Reaction Score
Their campus sucks. Not sure why people think its beautiful. The architecture is fake.
We’ll have to agree to disagree there. I’ve been on way too many campus tours with my son (a high school junior) and, as much as I mortally hate Duke, it was one of the nicest campuses I’ve seen, faux historical architecture and all. That said, of the top tier unis we’ve visited, it was also the easiest to distinguish legacy kids (party bros and Paris Hilton clones) from the kids who actually deserved to be there.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Duke is currently the betting favorite to win it all.

Reaction Score
We are allowed to feel good when Duke is experiencing turmoil. Maybe send a message to all those 5* who think it's a dream to play for Duke. Not for these 5*'s, they couldn't get out fast enough. Screw Duke.
Some blame should be applied to these 5* recruits. They demand immediate satisfaction, and when they don't get it, they act like a 2 year old who didn't get his cookie. The other group who deserves blame is the NCAA hierarchy, who allowed this whole debacle by enacting the NIL program. The bottom line in all of this is, not surprisingly, ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. Now they'll try to "correct" this, but the genie is out of the bottle, and any attempts to rein it in will be met with hundreds of lawsuits, claiming that the schools, and the NCAA, are imposing draconian and racist regulations upon the poor "student athletes".

Reaction Score
They’re 100% selling out for Flagg, both on the court and marketing. Need new faces to go with him
The image I see every time I see "Flagg" written with 2 g's. The Colonel was awesome

mash-col-flagg.gif

Reaction Score
Some blame should be applied to these 5* recruits. They demand immediate satisfaction, and when they don't get it, they act like a 2 year old who didn't get his cookie. The other group who deserves blame is the NCAA hierarchy, who allowed this whole debacle by enacting the NIL program. The bottom line in all of this is, not surprisingly, ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. Now they'll try to "correct" this, but the genie is out of the bottle, and any attempts to rein it in will be met with hundreds of lawsuits, claiming that the schools, and the NCAA, are imposing draconian and racist regulations upon the poor "student athletes".
I would think that it’s hard for a program to turn down 5 stars. Coach K built this with ESPN’s constant media propping up and barrage. Success brought them higher rated players.
Unless you have a very smart coach and staff to negotiate the whole thing it can fail. Don’t count out Duke because when you have this much talent it’s almost hard to not be competitive.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Looking through this thread it’s kinda pathetic that UConn BY has a multi page thread on Duke. We’re above this.
Better Duke than Cuse. Hopefully in the near future Duke gets as much attention as we now give to BCU. And yes once upon a time BCU was the program we focused much of our attention. Time has significantly changed for the better.

Reaction Score
Let's revert to college education. No scholarships permitted. Just like DIII.

Reaction Score
We’ll have to agree to disagree there. I’ve been on way too many campus tours with my son (a high school junior) and, as much as I mortally hate Duke, it was one of the nicest campuses I’ve seen, faux historical architecture and all. That said, of the top tier unis we’ve visited, it was also the easiest to distinguish legacy kids (party bros and Paris Hilton clones) from the kids who actually deserved to be there.
The buildings which were primarily built 100-130 years ago, look like they were built 800 years ago. But then the interiors look like a typical American high school. The architecture is all mimicry. No architecture in general or in the south in 1900 looked like this. Try UVA's campus if youre looking for a beautiful, meaningful campus.

Reaction Score
It is very foolish to write off Duke until you see who comes in from the portal. It's almost like a St John's situation where Pitino ran off the whole squad --albeit Scheyer is no Pitino.

They will have great players. It's unknow if they will combine to have a great team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom