dook has become Kentucky | The Boneyard

dook has become Kentucky

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
With Carter Jr likely to leave and the Gaza Tripper graduating, that's your entire starting lineup not back next year. Top 5 players leaving. lol

Reaction Score
With Carter Jr likely to leave and the Gaza Tripper graduating, that's your entire starting lineup not back next year. Top 5 players leaving. lol
But they got the top 3 players in the country and a 4th in the top ten. They wont exactly be falling off the map. With the talent coming in theyll be in the hunt for a F4 again next year.

Reaction Score
Has this not been going on for years with 1 or 2 leaving every year? It’s never been an even playing field but NC, Kansas, Duke and Kentucky are large corporations with a strangle hold on top talent.

Reaction Score
Repeat the process next year with Barrett, Williamson, Reddish, and whoever else.

Reaction Score
Has this not been going on for years with 1 or 2 leaving every year? It’s never been an even playing field but NC, Kansas, Duke and Kentucky are large corporations with a strangle hold on top talent.
I think Duke has had more one-and-dones this year than Roy has had since 2004 (probably career if we went back that far).

Last edited by a moderator:

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Duke has increased it's pace. I mean, 5 starters aren't back next year (1 grad). That's only matched in the past by UK.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Don't laugh too much. They're still going to be a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
Coach K has completely discredited himself as a basketball coach. Remember the commercial from years back when he said, "I'm not a basketball coach. I'm a leader who happens to coach basketball." I used to shout at the screen, "You're a basketball coach, you rat-faced twerp." Turns out he's not a basketball coach, either, never mind a leader.. He's an opportunist using the Duke brand in the hope of striking gold. That is all that's left of the revered Coach K.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Coach K has completely discredited himself as a basketball coach. Remember the commercial from years back when he said, "I'm not a basketball coach. I'm a leader who happens to coach basketball." I used to shout at the screen, "You're a basketball coach, you rat-faced twerp." Turns out he's not a basketball coach, either, never mind a leader.. He's an opportunist using the Duke brand in the hope of striking gold. That is all that's left of the revered Coach K.

Hey guys, this is a bad take.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It has been going on, but they’ve definitely taken it up a notch the last 2-3 years, where it’s really them and UK doing this consistently.

I’ll continue to say this is a recipe for coming up short of expectations. It’s tough to turn down talent, but the ideal rosters have 1-2 of these guys at most, with a varying mix of good upperclassmen.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Other than he created the Duke brand sure.

Total opportunist.

I hate the guy too but come on.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Hey guys, this is a bad take.

I do like the fact that he got away from what makes him great.

Same thing Jay Wright did a few years ago, but has now eschewed for his roots.

Don't know if K will realize it before he retires.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can you believe Duke had the nerve to lose in the Elite 8 to a different basketball factory when their one senior had a shot go 99% of the way down and fall out?

Bad coach.

They might have lost to upstart underdog Villanova. Next time make sure to catch Loyola and Kansas St K - idiot.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Other than he created the Duke brand sure.
Total opportunist.
I hate the guy too but come on.

To be fair, they had 4 Final Fours, and 2 Final games and a ton of conference championships before he showed up. Plus, the advantage of the Duke academic rep.

But he did create the brand that we know as Duke basketball today.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Anytime this subject comes up and people mention anything along the lines of "yea and all that talent and they lost last X years in the tourney" is the easiest way to weed out the true idiots.

Forgot about all those non-one and done schools winning titles every year, sometimes even winning two titles in a year maybe. Maybe 3?

Reaction Score
This has got to start negatively affecting their APR
As long as they leave in "good academic standing" it doesn't hurt their APR. And of course there's no way Coach K is letting them walk away without being in good academic standing.

All schools play this game now. UConn was just too late to figure it out. Still boggles my mind to this day that Calhoun didn't play the game.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Don't laugh too much. They're still going to be a top 10 team.

It's an 'astounded' laugh, rather than 'ha ha look at them'. Part of it includes the fact that they lose 5 starters, gain the Top 3 recruits, and will be in the Top 10 again. crazy

Duke done gone and perfected Cal's system.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
All schools play this game now. UConn was just too late to figure it out. Still boggles my mind to this day that Calhoun didn't play the game.

I think that was JC leaving it with the academic guys and the athletic department. JC was all basketball. He's at fault for that, but it is what it is.

The big problem though Hoop, was getting dinged by a retroactive penalty and double jeopardy. There's nothing you can do at a certain point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom