Donyell to CCSU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Donyell to CCSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I kind of look at it the other way: I like having the UConn family tie-in for as many of our cupcakes/OOC games as we can. At least it adds an element of interest. Geno does it with Rizzotti at UHa.

Hell, at this point we could schedule a nice little tournament like the old CT Mutual Classic, but have it feature only schools with UConn family coaches. Right now we'd have QU, SCSU, CCSU, Rutgers and DePaul. Anyone else I'm missing? Not a bad little collection of varying potential.

Great. We could drop our RPI to 75,000

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Great. We could drop our RPI to 75,000
My point is that we are playing games like this anyway. Every season. Always. I'm not suggesting we add any more than normal. Just that it's better to have some connection than not for the ones we do play imo. In other words, SCSU instead of Marathon Oil for example, or something like that.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
But those 2 free throws against the Gators........
I digress. Nice hire. But please do not schedule Stanley Street U out of pity.

We will probably have folks wanting them to upgrade FB and join the AAC with UMass

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
As long as they're the only sub-250 team on the schedule, I'm fine with continuing to play them.

We have to, however, eliminate the UMass-Lowells, Maines and Coppin States from the schedule.

Reaction Score
He's not turning CCSU around, they just on a different level. CCSU can't recruit like most programs. No team in the Northeast Conf will ever dominate, they take turns. I think it's a good move for Donyell. He can focus on recruiting and coaching. I think he'll be successful and I think he'll move on, but in the short term is a very positive move for CCSU, a win win.
I guess it depends on what you mean by turning the program around but they're literally the worst D1 program in America so at this point if they don't finish dead last in RPI anymore some may consider that a turn around?

Reaction Score
Scott Burrell is the head coach at Southern. Now all we need is a former player coaching at Eastern and Western, and we have the state system covered.

Reaction Score
I think CCSU is now set up to move on from the NEC. They're the only public school in that conference. In the next 2 years their main sports (football, wbb) along with expectations of better MBB play will probably help them.
Where would they go? I'd doubt the CAA would want them and the America East doesn't sponsor football.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Very happy for Donyell Marshall on this one. Central has had some pretty good teams over the years so he's not exactly walking into a low-major.

I've always felt that Craig Austrie and Donnell Beverly were two other guys who could really do well as coaches.

Reaction Score
Huge get for the CCSU admin. It's a commuter school in a dead little pocket of town. Never been a well attended campus for any sport. I know some folks over there and they're good people and this is a big name for them with a good amount of momentum behind him coming in. Good for them.

Reaction Score
Very happy for Donyell Marshall on this one. Central has had some pretty good teams over the years so he's not exactly walking into a low-major.

I've always felt that Craig Austrie and Donnell Beverly were two other guys who could really do well as coaches.
Craig has been running ball camps I'm sure it's a goal for him.

Reaction Score

I think he is exactly walking into a low major.

Reaction Score
I think he is exactly walking into a low major.
I'm a CCSU alum living in NB and I used to go to as many games as I could but the program in it's current state is the worst in D1.

Reaction Score
9 years since Central's last NCAA tournament appearance. No easy challenge, but a few good recruits can make a huge difference on their level. Good luck to Donyell!

Reaction Score
Where would they go? I'd doubt the CAA would want them and the America East doesn't sponsor football.
Rome wasn't built in a day... and, even though their MBB squad is now starting from the bottom, they can come back quicker than most. You have a guy in Donyell in place now that's an attractive piece to recruits... and their Football and WBB programs will only improve... I follow them a little bit.. they're building piece by piece.. I give them about 5 years... then they'll be attractive a conference like the CAA.. They're a D1 program in Football (FCS), MBB(mid major), & WBB (mid major)... As a public school, with coaches in place that talented kids want to play for, I expect them to make a jump to that next level (long overdue)...

Reaction Score
I want a 7'5" guy who I know can turn AB into a 20/15 machine immediately.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Congrats, Donyell! My only piece of advice is that you discourage your players from returning books at the end of the semester that are still in their original packaging!

Reaction Score
I sincerely wish Donyell great success at his head coaching opportunity. Let us never forget what a big deal it was for Donyell to come to UCONN in the first place, as highly ranked as he was. He has been nothing but true blue and white in his support and frankly I'm a bit saddened that he is not on our staff, but should he do a great job and should KO leave someday, who knows? We know that Donyell is doing this because of his passion and commitment and not because he needs the dough. Best of luck!

Reaction Score
Haven't seen Donyell in a long time. Looks a lot different from that tall kid who donned #42.

Marshall_-_Website_Release_Image.jpg

Donyell Marshall Named Central Connecticut Men's Basketball Head Coach

221cd3a8bc4b9ff3bbf4b9d1b20c8143.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I want to see him posting in the pizza thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom