TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
If memory serves, donyell was asked by the press after the game
“what do you call that dunk?”
Before Donyell could reply JC says
“It’s called you better make it dunk!”

Reaction Score
I remember watching that live also, Aside from the buzzer beaters, it's one of half dozen plays I will always remember. A few others are Scott Burrell jumping over a player and somehow stealing the ball from him. Caron Butler chasing down a loose ball near half court, and as he leapt off the court just trying to save the ball and throwing a perfect behind the back pass almost all the way to basket, hitting a player in stride for a layup.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What’s even better is the sound from the crowd wow it’s been a while huh? Good ol days....reaction by Ray Ray following him and seeing Scotty Burrell in street clothes in the stands, very cool video.

Poe

Reaction Score
Donyell was a beast in college, very fun watch.

Reaction Score
He was a solid pro, too.
Does anyone else remember one the papers putting an insert with a picture of his hand, real size. It was huge.
One of the most important if not the most important recruit that Calhoun landed. It was a nice class, but he made UConn a program every recruit would consider.

Reaction Score
Back then, it was near impossible to get a ticket to Gampel as a student.

Reaction Score
I was at that game in the student section while still in high school.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Donyell was a beast in college, very fun watch.
I remember that old Big East Magazine had a blurb on him and his nickname was The Reading Reed.

Reaction Score
I . A few others are Scott Burrell jumping over a player and somehow stealing the ball from him.

That was against Wake Forest at the old HCC and I think the player was Rodney Rogers who was built like a truck. That was a ridiculously athletic play

Reaction Score
A little biased but I thought Donyell’s dunk was better!
Btw, god bless the internet!

We are so far removed from where that program was at that moment. Saddens me. I think even if we get back to the level where we are a top 10 team and challenge for `1 seeds and final fours it'll ever be like that again. That was before all the titles and we were still the underdog and the dominance was something so new and special. I remember that season and thinking that might be the year.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
We are so far removed from where that program was at that moment. Saddens me. I think even if we get back to the level where we are a top 10 team and challenge for `1 seeds and final fours it'll ever be like that again. That was before all the titles and we were still the underdog and the dominance was something so new and special. I remember that season and thinking that might be the year.

I wouldn't trade the last 19 years for anything but, man, 90s UConn basketball was fun as hell.

Every game mattered. Huge win after huge win. Rosters filled with phenomenal players.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't trade the last 19 years for anything but, man, 90s UConn basketball was fun as hell.

Every game mattered. Huge win after huge win. Rosters filled with phenomenal players.
The 90s were just great PERIOD! :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom