Don't let us win tonight | The Boneyard

Don't let us win tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Memo to the rest of college basketball -- If you want to bury UConn, tonight is the night to do it.
Because if we come out on top tonight, we've got a winnable game on Saturday at home, then potentially one that could redeem the entire season on Sunday, in front of the home crowd with maybe the whole pre-Selection Show country watching.
I'm not a Red Sox fan, but it brings to mind Boston down 3-0 to the Yankees in 2004. Kevin Millar says before the game, just don't let us win tonight. We win tonight, we get something going, and who knows what might happen.
That's us, right now. Last night was a gimme. Tonight is when it starts.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree with the idea that if we win tonight, we will win on Saturday (and anything could happen on Sunday).

But I also was pretty confident that we would beat Memphis handily given that it was Boatright's senior night, we were coming off a great performance against SMU, and they were missing their best player.

Who knows with this team.

Reaction Score
Right about one thing, last night tells nothing, although I think it's actually good to have it as a warmup.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Better start buying NIT tickets now before the prices go up. Tonight is going to be ugly for the home team.

Reaction Score
Better start buying NIT tickets now before the prices go up. Tonight is going to be ugly for the home team.

There's got to be a less stupid way to imply we're going to lose the game. You have my permission to give it a second shot.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
This counts as a road game in the RPI and for the committee.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I'm not predicting we're going to run the table, but we've been an unlucky team all year. Deeply flawed, but also unlucky. If we all the sudden get the wind at our backs this weekend, who knows.
The question for the rest of college basketball is, do you really want to see Ryan Boatright in your bracket on Sunday? No? Then you better hope we lose soon.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Technically Cincy is the home team because they have the higher seed, so yeah in an ideal world it will get ugly for the "home" team
Yeah and unfortunately I purchased tickets behind the Home bench not thinking of seeding:mad:

Reaction Score
This counts as a road game in the RPI and for the committee.
No it doesn't It's being played on UConn's home floor. It is a UConn home game just like yesterday was a home game for the Johnnies at MSG even though they were the the 5 vs Providence's 4 seed.

Reaction Score
No it doesn't It's being played on UConn's home floor. It is a UConn home game just like yesterday was a home game for the Johnnies at MSG even though they were the the 5 vs Providence's 4 seed.

look at his avatar

Reaction Score
You were getting me all pumped up then you brought up Kevin Millar? Ruined it man, wtf. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom