Don't hate me but how cool is... | The Boneyard

Don't hate me but how cool is...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Tell that to the former USA Basketball teammates...

This sort of reminds of Lee Trevino who turned on the charm for the cameras but evidently was despised in the locker room by the other pros....

I will give her credit for always supporting the UT program and her constant glowing and supportive comments about Pat. That and the fact she is a phenomenal individual player, she gets my respect. Team player, still not sure about...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Tell that to the former USA Basketball teammates...

This sort of reminds of Lee Trevino who turned on the charm for the cameras but evidently was despised in the locker room by the other pros....

I will give her credit for always supporting the UT program and her constant glowing and supportive comments about Pat. That and the fact she is a phenomenal individual player, she gets my respect. Team player, still not sure about...
10, 9, 8, 7, 6.... I counting down to see how long before you get a reminder that it's TN not UT.....

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
There are a lot of people who are different personally than they are professionally. I don't doubt for a moment that Parker is a nice fun person.

Reaction Score
Plus, who right now can hate Tennessee? It's awful what happened to the coach, the coaches son was a joke, the team stinks for a decade and the rivalry is deader than dead. For years Uconn has been heads and tails above the rest. All good right?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Plus, who right now can hate Tennessee? It's awful what happened to the coach, the coaches son was a joke, the team stinks for a decade and the rivalry is deader than dead. For years Uconn has been heads and tails above the rest. All good right?
kanye-west.jpg

Reaction Score
Candace Parker! I just saw her guest star in this weeks episode of Hells Kitchen. I know she went to hated Tennessee but she seemed like the nicest, sweetest kid. Can't help but root for someone with that charisma.
Barf

I can

Reaction Score
Candace Parker! I just saw her guest star in this weeks episode of Hells Kitchen. I know she went to hated Tennessee but she seemed like the nicest, sweetest kid. Can't help but root for someone with that charisma.

Are you getting paid to write all this?

Reaction Score
Are you getting paid to write all this?

After creating this post I started reflecting on Tennessee and just how insignificant they are today in WCB compared to us. When I was undergrad at Storrs, Tennessee was in the FF just about every year as were we. I really hated the coach and wanted to beat them at all costs, to me they were the evil empire haha. Honestly these days we do not have a rival. I mean Tennessee isn't even our latest rival, which would have to be ND. Sure you can have a team pop up like a Griner led Baylor that we can all get behind and dislike from time to time but thats about it. We really have no Rival, we beat most teams by 40, complain about how our 7th man played, and get into the final four... I love it! Please don't take my post as I like Tennessee. I just wanted to say something nice about someone I saw on TV. It doesn't matter what school she went too, thats old news. She's a Womens Basketball player, this is a women basketball board, and its nice to see someone we saw on these courts light up the silver screen. Maybe I'm sorry I shared.....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Honestly, I don’t dislike TN or Candace Parker. From what I’ve learned about Alzheimer’s, I give Pat a pass for some of the less professional things she did and said over her last few years as a coach.

As for Parker, she was and is a great player who got a hard dose of Geno’s team-first coaching philosophy when she was left off the last Olympic team. She was hurt and her first reaction was to lash out at Geno. Perhaps with some time to reflect maybe, just maybe, Parker is a better person for the experience.

Reaction Score

Parker and Lawson and 2 dozen more talented Vols were on my--Dislike list. Ace Clements (sp) on my happy list (she miss the NC in Philly).
I can dis like being beaten by talented Tenn women---but I must respect their talent. I'm not Pro-Parker but I'm not anti-Parker. I don't like the discussion indicating Geno was biased against her --I believe Geno is for any coachable talent that will help the USA win. I agree with OLDude--on Parker.

Don't be sorry you shared, maybe this air needs clearing. Re-think Parker?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I had to go back and revisit our thread on Candace Parker On First Take; on the 4th page Nan locked it, but it was fun while it lasted. I particularly like the picture of the baby in the high chair giving someone the finger. The YouTube video comes up "no longer available", so maybe she read the thread and asked ESPN to take it down! She, on First Take, that's the Candace Parker I know and dislike.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don’t dislike TN or Candace Parker. From what I’ve learned about Alzheimer’s, I give Pat a pass for some of the less professional things she did and said over her last few years as a coach.

As for Parker, she was and is a great player who got a hard dose of Geno’s team-first coaching philosophy when she was left off the last Olympic team. She was hurt and her first reaction was to lash out at Geno. Perhaps with some time to reflect maybe, just maybe, Parker is a better person for the experience.
Yo

I've taken a bit of a beatin for laying much of Pat's negative action on Alzheimers--because people don't know the disease. In some it is really quick. In some it has symptoms years earlier if you look for them--most don't know what to look for. It robs intelligent people of their brains, memories, thought processes--then it destroys the body.

You have to look at her previous actions , months or years prior.
I shall always give Pat Summit credit for helping Geno put Uconn on the MAP. A big TV game was being set up --NC was asked to play GENO at Storrs--they refused. Pat was asked and she said : Yes, I'll play anyone anywhere to foster the women's game. She lost that game. The big time Tn Vols helped an up and coming UConn to get USA wide recognition--you have to give that some points.
Oldude I liked every word of your last paragraph--. A fact of life: Time wounds all heals.

Reaction Score
After creating this post I started reflecting on Tennessee and just how insignificant they are today in WCB compared to us. When I was undergrad at Storrs, Tennessee was in the FF just about every year as were we. I really hated the coach and wanted to beat them at all costs, to me they were the evil empire haha. Honestly these days we do not have a rival. I mean Tennessee isn't even our latest rival, which would have to be ND. Sure you can have a team pop up like a Griner led Baylor that we can all get behind and dislike from time to time but thats about it. We really have no Rival, we beat most teams by 40, complain about how our 7th man played, and get into the final four... I love it! Please don't take my post as I like Tennessee. I just wanted to say something nice about someone I saw on TV. It doesn't matter what school she went too, thats old news. She's a Womens Basketball player, this is a women basketball board, and its nice to see someone we saw on these courts light up the silver screen. Maybe I'm sorry I shared.....
Don't be sorry you shared.... first amendment rights and all. I'm not a doctor, but I believe all those people bottling up their aggravation over another team or player are the ones giving themselves the ulcers. Some just need to get over it and act like adults. I believe all the whining on this board has helped me put being a UCONN fan in perspective. It is just a bunch of young women playing basketball and all are entitled to go to whatever school will have them. I root for UCONN but don't cry or lose any sleep over the team. So, thank you Boneyarders for helping me keep it real. Thanks JustinesGuy for sharing a different perspective. I'm done.... does anyone need to borrow my soap box.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Thread more bearable after Maya took care of business. :D

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't be sorry you shared.... first amendment rights and all. I'm not a doctor, but I believe all those people bottling up their aggravation over another team or player are the ones giving themselves the ulcers. Some just need to get over it and act like adults. I believe all the whining on this board has helped me put being a UCONN fan in perspective. It is just a bunch of young women playing basketball and all are entitled to go to whatever school will have them. I root for UCONN but don't cry or lose any sleep over the team. So, thank you Boneyarders for helping me keep it real. Thanks JustinesGuy for sharing a different perspective. I'm done.... does anyone need to borrow my soap box.
I'll borrow the soap box only long enough to say that not getting over it is also a very valid adult choice and one of the reasons I love this board.

Reaction Score

This is clearly a TROJAN HORSE, JG. You are sneaking in this positive view of a widely despised program under the guise of an inn0cent by-stander. Well, here's an ORANGE horse just for you, turn-coat:
th

Maybe you could start your own site: "I hate TN, let's discuss their upsides." You're outed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is clearly a TROJAN HORSE, JG. You are sneaking in this positive view of a widely despised program under the guise of an inn0cent by-stander. Well, here's an ORANGE horse just for you, turn-coat:
th

Maybe you could start your own site: "I hate TN, let's discuss their upsides." You're outed.

Ha! That's a pretty funny post. If you've followed my posts or know me at all you know I'm not a Tennessee fan in any sport. In this day in age where there's so many awful stories and hate I thought it would be nice to celebrate a confident young woman who seemed to shine on tv which may or may not be her element. Funny post but no Tennessee fan.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score

I don't dislike any player nor coach. There have been some in the past that I think have gone too far, to win a game but I dislike the action more than the person. I don't know the person. There are programs I LOVE to see get beaten and Tenn tops the list. DT said it best some years ago when she said something along these lines; "When I see anything orange, I just have to hit it". Please don't nit pick my words as being wrong. As I have said in earlier writings, my memory is suspect at best. I do love our the program at UConn, and personalities that make it what it is. In my mind, they are exemplary.

Reaction Score
Ha! That's a pretty funny post. If you've followed my posts or know me at all you know I'm not a Tennessee fan in any sport. In this day in age where there's so many awful stories and hate I thought it would be nice to celebrate a confident young woman who seemed to shine on tv which may or may not be her element. Funny post but no Tennessee fan.

Let's just leave the posting of any ex or current Tenn player to stwainfan! :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom