Don't Fret about UConn Transfers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Don't Fret about UConn Transfers

Reaction Score
I think Jesperson performed well her last year, I am not convinced Geno would have recruited her and despite @HuskyNan mentioning Ferreira, Geno definitely would not have recruited her and as the original post stated "gems", Ferreira does not fit that bill. I will believe Geno likes Euros, when he recruits one and brings them to campus. I prefer Canadians, Aussies and Russians! :D

I don't think Geno would have recruited any of USF's players.................it's hard enough to find good American players that he likes, I can only assume that Geno hasn't found any foreign players recently worth bringing over other then the one Australian post...............

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I think Jesperson performed well her last year, I am not convinced Geno would have recruited her and despite @HuskyNan mentioning Ferreira, Geno definitely would not have recruited her and as the original post stated "gems", Ferreira does not fit that bill. I will believe Geno likes Euros, when he recruits one and brings them to campus. I prefer Canadians, Aussies and Russians! :D

For what it's worth, Oregon currently has 2 Euros (M. Cazorla from Spain and S. Sabally from Germany) who are starters. Cazorla was all Pac 12 last year and Sabally, who is 6'4", the Pac 12 Freshman of the Year and, from my point of view, she has only begun to fulfill her potential despite having a terrific sophomore year so far. A third Euro (N. Sabally, who is also 6'4" and supposed to be as good as her sister if not better) would likely have been a serious contender this season for the Pac 12 Freshman of the Year if she hadn't torn her ACLA in the U18 European Tournament championship game last summer. Don't know if they are UCONN material, but I'm sure glad they're playing for Graves.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, Oregon currently has 2 Euros (M. Cazorla from Spain and S. Sabally from Germany) who are starters. Cazorla was all Pac 12 last year and Sabally, who is 6'4", the Pac 12 Freshman of the Year and, from my point of view, she has only begun to fulfill her potential despite having a terrific sophomore year so far. A third Euro (N. Sabally, who is also 6'4" and supposed to be as good as her sister if not better) would likely have been a serious contender this season for the Pac 12 Freshman of the Year if she hadn't torn her ACLA in the U18 European Tournament championship game last summer. Don't know if they are UCONN material, but I'm sure glad they're playing for Graves.

I really don't know what UConn material is these days but apparently very few recruits in the USA or anywhere the world have it....................from my non 1000+ game winning, non 11 national championship point of view, Ms Cazorla would have fit UConn like a glove...................

Reaction Score
I really don't know what UConn material is these days but apparently very few recruits in the USA or anywhere the world have it.....from my non 1000+ game winning, non 11 national championship point of view, Ms Cazorla would have fit UConn like a glove....
Best that dead horse

Reaction Score
Best that dead horse

the point that (to the best of my knowledge) UConn hasn't recruited foreign players with rare exception even when there are a few really good one out there, is actually a brand new horse for me to beat.....................although I certainly would never actually beat a horse...............;)

Reaction Score
the point that (to the best of my knowledge) UConn hasn't recruited foreign players with rare exception even when there are a few really good one out there, is actually a brand new horse for me to beat......although I certainly would never actually beat a horse.....;)
What does international women’s high school basketball look like? It’s big time for the men. Helped Gonzaga men elevate to an elite team.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
What does international women’s high school basketball look like? It’s big time for the men. Helped Gonzaga men elevate to an elite team.

Some of the Euros aren't playing for high school teams, they play for a club team against grown up dudes.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno recruited a girl from France just last year. I forget where she ended up

Reaction Score
Some of the Euros aren't playing for high school teams, they play for a club team against grown up dudes.
Sounds like the men. Are they freshman eligible for WCBB? Have you seen the rookie first round draft pick of the Dallas Mavericks- these Euros are mature players at 20 years old

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sounds like the men. Are they freshman eligible for WCBB? Have you seen the rookie first round draft pick of the Dallas Mavericks- these Euros are mature players at 20 years old

Oh sorry, I was referring to the men. I know Sabonis was playing against older players before he came stateside, probably others as well.

I really don't watch much if any NBA. I have seen Doncic highlighted on ESPN a little bit and have gathered he's playing at a high level as a rookie.

Reaction Score
Oh sorry, I was referring to the men. I know Sabonis was playing against older players before he came stateside, probably others as well.

I really don't watch much if any NBA. I have seen Doncic highlighted on ESPN a little bit and have gathered he's playing at a high level as a rookie.
I hear ya! Doncic is an all-star as a rookie. Sabonis may be 6th man of the year. (I get the package, so I can get all the Celtics games here in Maryland. The Wizards not as much fun.)
How about for the girls overseas? You would think basketball for women would be growing worldwide like it is for me. The USA women have been great for decades. WNBA still kind of weak?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How about for the girls overseas? You would think basketball for women would be growing worldwide like it is for me. The USA women have been great for decades. WNBA still kind of weak?

I don't know much about international women's hoops. I know there are a whole bunch of Australian players in the US playing college ball, they seem to have a good developmental system over there. There are a smattering of European players from various different countries, I don't know that there's any particular hotbed. South Florida is known for having a roster dominated by international players. Washington St. is similar.

Reaction Score

I'm embarrassed to say I posted a story about the best college ready European players but I don't remember what thread it was under..........if you look at some video, these ladies are fundamentally sound and can really play.........

Reaction Score
I don't know much about international women's hoops. I know there are a whole bunch of Australian players in the US playing college ball, they seem to have a good developmental system over there. There are a smattering of European players from various different countries, I don't know that there's any particular hotbed. South Florida is known for having a roster dominated by international players. Washington St. is similar.
Good job! Thanks!
The men are generally very fundamentally sound. That would suit Geno’s system well!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom