Donovan Clingan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Someone with a better memory can confirm or correct me but I think all 4 of his blocks stayed in play and the ball was secured by UConn after each block. I believe Donovan grabbed a couple the blocks himself.
Bill Russell used to keep the ball in play, too.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Too bad he stayed at Bristol Central for his senior year. If he'd gone to prep school he might have grown even taller.
I was one of his big critics and I’m leaning on me being happily wrong for my takes there. Still want to see how he and the team does against real comp because Stonehill was just so bad. I mean their center was 6’8 205. Regardless like HuskyHawk said the eye test looked good.

Reaction Score
Hmm...

You made it clear in your previous posts you think Clingan will barely play and won't have any impact this season.

You're also not remembering what Travis Knight looked like as a freshman.
Snowball startin' to roll down the hill.. Bigs take time .. This kid gonna be a baller

Reaction Score
Most impressive was how at ease he was for a first game.

Looked ready to play. I almost came out of my chair when he caught and scored after receiving a hard interior pass that many big men (here and elsewhere) routinely fumble.

He and AK (after some early jitters) looked more aware and ready to play than most freshmen we've had over the decades. And, AS was pretty complimentary about the impact he expects DC to have.

Reaction Score
Someone with a better memory can confirm or correct me but I think all 4 of his blocks stayed in play and the ball was secured by UConn after each block. I believe Donovan grabbed a couple the blocks himself.
I recall only 1 went out of bounds, otherwise the other 3 I believe went off the backboard and stayed in play. When Andre comes back and gets in transition of these blocks, that will be huge for fastbreak points.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I recall only 1 went out of bounds, otherwise the other 3 I believe went off the backboard and stayed in play. When Andre comes back and gets in transition of these blocks, that will be huge for fastbreak points.
ISTR he caught two and tapped another to a teammate at the foul line.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
ISTR he caught two and tapped another to a teammate at the foul line.
Started wondering how accurately I remembered it, so "I went to the video tape" as announcers used to say.

1. Blocked out of bounds, but he actually blocked it to the floor, and it could have been grabbed before going out of bounds.
  2. Blocked off board, bounced off his own head to Joey California, five passes later, Diarra turned it over, and Newton stole it right back and ended up at the foul line for two.
  3. Blocked off board to Diarra headed down court with a full head of steam and scored.
  4. Blocked a mid range jumper and played one man volleyball with it before gaining. Then he mishandled a pass and turned it over at the other end.

Reaction Score
Too bad he stayed at Bristol Central for his senior year. If he'd gone to prep school he might have grown even taller.
If he went to prep school he would’ve gotten five blocks ;-p

Reaction Score
1± in Hilton Units
If he is listed as 86” in Hilton units his actual height is 85 1/3” . A calculation set up of a long analysis period.
A Hilton unit is approximately 123/124 of an inch . Its difficult to gauge because it could be as low 63//64” . Depended on the taper
I’m worker on a spreadsheet that convents stated inches or Hilton Units into English inches so a fan can readily know a players height
Metric is next .

Reaction Score
If he is listed as 86” in Hilton units his actual height is 85 1/3” . A calculation set up of a long analysis period.
A Hilton unit is approximately 123/124 of an inch . Its difficult to gauge because it could be as low 63//64” . Depended on the taper
I’m worker on a spreadsheet that convents stated inches or Hilton Units into English inches so a fan can readily know a players height
Metric is next .
joanna garcia swisher GIF by ABC Network

Reaction Score
Metric is next .
Can we leave the mausurements to the experts @mauconnfan

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hmm...

You made it clear in your previous posts you think Clingan will barely play and won't have any impact this season.

You're also not remembering what Travis Knight looked like as a freshman.
I think he will play more than I originally expected. But I don’t think he will get the minutes he got Monday very often. Matchups will be key. Once Jackson and Hawkins come back, minutes will be more scarce for everyone.

Reaction Score
This. He was about as expected. He’s no Enosch Wolf, but he’s no Olajuwon either. Not as mobile as Travis Knight, but he can play. It will be fun to watch him, and fun to watch Hurley figure out how to use him. Already we saw a 2-3 zone called out and it was quite effective. That’s the kind of wrinkle Hurley needed to add.
Early Travis Knight had us all screaming for the bench. People forget.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom