2022 Recruiting: - Donovan Clingan | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Close it, Danny.

Obviously we’ve landed a lot of great kids in between, but this has to be the most closely followed since Diallo. As I said in an earlier post, this fan base is going to explode to finally embrace this kid as one of our own. Lets go.

Reaction Score
Interesting quote from his Dad from that link in regards to playing time for Michigan.

“Donovan can probably give them pretty good minutes as a freshman. Neither he nor I expect him to be starting as a freshman, or even playing the majority of minutes. I try to teach him that if you want something, you’ve got to work for it. That’s how it is.”

Reaction Score
Sool wanted a word with DC before his other official visits happened
I assume it looked something like this.

1623285935131.gif

Reaction Score
If media reports are accurate it appears that DC was on campus while Taylor was doing his unofficial visit.. If true as it appears. Can't hurt us with either guy.

Wonder if DC will still take his planned unofficial in a few weeks prior to his official on July1/2 ?(end of first Summer Session)

The more opportunities he has to see/observe the team(esp. the freshmen) prior to his official the better.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Interesting quote from his Dad from that link in regards to playing time for Michigan.

“Donovan can probably give them pretty good minutes as a freshman. Neither he nor I expect him to be starting as a freshman, or even playing the majority of minutes. I try to teach him that if you want something, you’ve got to work for it. That’s how it is.”

This is welcome news for us as well. He wouldn't start at UConn either. I think it's wise. A player like him needs a lot more development if he has any hope of a pro career, than a highly skilled, athletic guard or wing.

Reaction Score
UConn does have an edge over Michigan - Howard has the opportunity to be a head coach in the NBA very very soon
Also that they are pursuing Lively pretty hard can't hurt

Reaction Score
Close it, Danny.

Obviously we’ve landed a lot of great kids in between, but this has to be the most closely followed since Diallo. As I said in an earlier post, this fan base is going to explode to finally embrace this kid as one of our own. Lets go.
If not here, then far enough away so we will not play against him.

Reaction Score
Amore with an article about all the visits also.

Free access link: UConn men’s basketball back to hosting unofficial visits with recruits including Bristol Central’s Donovan Clingan

Reaction Score
"“I guess Coach Howard finally saw a tape of him and was like, ‘oh my gosh … this kid!’”

Howard says he is not leaving Michigan, but his name keeps coming up for NBA openings, including the current 3 that are out there now; including the not too far up the road from Bristol, Boston Celtics.
A factor here? Has to be in the back of a recruit's mind that maybe not right now, but maybe next year? The year after?

Reaction Score
"“I guess Coach Howard finally saw a tape of him and was like, ‘oh my gosh … this kid!’”

Howard says he is not leaving Michigan, but his name keeps coming up for NBA openings, including the current 3 that are out there now; including the not too far up the road from Bristol, Boston Celtics.
A factor here? Has to be in the back of a recruit's mind that maybe not right now, but maybe next year? The year after?

"...Coach Howard finally saw a tape..." If I were DC I'd be wondering exactly how high a priority I am with Michigan if their head coach couldn't bother to take a few minutes to look at my highlight tape until recently.

Reaction Score
Typical Zags article. An entire new article on a 2 sentence quote and a bunch of recycled stuff.

Donovan Clingan, the 7-foot-1 big man from Bristol Central (CT) and Team Spartans, took his first official visit to Michigan this past weekend.

“It was fun, I enjoyed it,” he said. “They like my game and think I’d be a good fit.”

Reaction Score
UConn does have an edge over Michigan - Howard has the opportunity to be a head coach in the NBA very very soon
Ahhh. The “Ollie is going to the NBA” play ..

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Typical Zags article. An entire new article on a 2 sentence quote and a bunch of recycled stuff.

Donovan Clingan, the 7-foot-1 big man from Bristol Central (CT) and Team Spartans, took his first official visit to Michigan this past weekend.

“It was fun, I enjoyed it,” he said. “They like my game and think I’d be a good fit.”

Reading too much into this quote because it will convince me he didn't actually enjoy his OV at Michigan.

Reaction Score
I think Howard will stay at Michigan. One of the many differences between him and KO is that Howard made $150m as a player. Money really shouldn't be an issue for him but sure, an NBA team could triple his salary no problem. It's not like NBA coaching is some mystery to him after spending seven seasons as a Miami assistant.

College recruiting is no picnic, but being an NBA coach is an absolute grind. I'm not completely shocked that Brad Stevens got out of it at age 44.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom