Donovan Clingan | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Donovan Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That is just BS on SOOO many levels and I hope DC doesn’t see this crap SMH a lil research and they wouldn’t of referenced moms, DISGUSTING
I hope the kid doesn't see it, but I hope his family, who reportedly took great offense to something they saw on the Boneyard, do see it.

Reaction Score
I hope the kid doesn't see it, but I hope his family, who reportedly took great offense to something they saw on the Boneyard, do see it.
I’ve heard the same exact things about them seeing something on here that had them REALLY upset but we agree

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Let's totally ignore the fact that Donovan's mother passed away, which makes this on a level of asinine I can't really fathom.

Who tf goes on the internet and talks trash about a junior in hs?
I don't think that trashed DC. He was insulting UConn

Reaction Score
So explain how the last part of the season Sanogo was averaging roughly 10 a game on no more than 25 minutes without hitting more than one jumper all year? The scorers were just crediting him with someone else's baskets? Our offense starts with the big up high, and then as the shot clock runs down eventually the big cuts down and if he doesn't get a pass while moving posts up. Sort of like the way Calhoun's offense worked, where Jake or Travis usually made their first touch catching the ball at the top of the key.

I do understand a big not wanting to do what he makes bigs do and hedge hard on guards dribbling, and thinking they would be more effective staying closer to the hoop. Except you know where bigs need to have skills to deal with point guards coming around picks set by their man? I'll give you a hint. It starts with an N and ends with a BA.
Was thinking the same thing. He is going to have to do it in the NBA, might as well start learning now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hearing from a good source he wants to stay home. We lead, even over Michigan as of now. Only issue might be playing time.

Put me firmly in the "Playing time is earned not granted" camp.

I have a tough time believing any part of securing his commitment hinges on guarantees of playing time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think that trashed DC. He was insulting UConn
I read it as trashing both. Saying UConn is vastly inferior to Michigan, and saying DC is too soft to move away from home. Regardless of DC's mom passing away (which makes it a gross comment), it's still a bad look for the Michigan fan. Why would you ever cut on a kid you are trying to recruit? But even more importantly, why would you ever cut on a teenager that is close to his family? I cringe every time I see a UConn fan act like this Michigan fan, but every fan base has them. But the non-alum Michigan fans are pretty bad (like the ND subway alums).

Reaction Score

I have a tough time believing any part of securing his commitment hinges on guarantees of playing time.
I don't read that as him wanting guaranteed playing time as much as him wanting a path to playing time. Which I think Hurley can sell him on

Reaction Score
If we lead I'm thrilled. The 'playing time' concern shows once again that I haven't got a clue how these kids think. He's got to know he's going to play. I would have assumed his concern would be how he is used on defense in Hurley's system. Wrong again Ricker. Clingan would be a great pickup. Clingan - Filipowski, or Clingan - Karaban, would be unstoppable combos because of their big to big passing. All 3 and I may have to get used to wet dreams.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Listening to Dan’s appearance on Seth Greenberg’s podcast a few weeks ago, you really got an idea of his current pitch to recruits. We’re not going to over promise a kid a ton upfront but he noted how he’s not afraid to give guys like Bouk/Adama starting roles as freshmen or play freshmen in big minutes once they’ve shown that they’re ready.

I would imagine the pitch to Donovan is pretty much in line with that. When he’s ready, the staff has zero issue with handing major minutes to a young player and, with Adama likely off to the NBA perhaps as soon next year, the playing time concern may not be as big of an issue by the time the 2022 class gets to campus.

Reaction Score
If we lead I'm thrilled. The 'playing time' concern shows once again that I haven't got a clue how these kids think. He's got to know he's going to play. I would have assumed his concern would be how he is used on defense in Hurley's system. Wrong again Ricker. Clingan would be a great pickup. Clingan - Filipowski, or Clingan - Karaban, would be unstoppable combos because of their big to big passing. All 3 and I may have to get used to wet dreams.
TMI

Reaction Score
I guess the question becomes would either filipowski or clingan come here if the other one committed? My guess would have been that both are considered 5s and it’s an either or proposition, but is filipowski a stretch 4 in this scenario?

Reaction Score
I thought Filipowski would play more of a stretch 4 role. He’s an all over the court type of player. We could call him a 5, but he’d be a non-traditional 5.

Reaction Score

If he wants a guarantee, UConn is not the spot for him.

Reaction Score
Contrary to certain posts, it turns out that Clingan is still good.

Looks like he's going to have games against some pretty good competition this weekend. Nice to see.

Game vs Middlesex Magic today at 1:30

Vs. Drive Nation at 5:30

Next Page Force has a pretty good big man he matched up with apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom