Donovan’s Work Ethic | The Boneyard

Donovan’s Work Ethic

Reaction Score
That’s great news! His sky is only limited by his work effort.

Reaction Score
1662755758222.gif

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
It's easy to overreact to an offseason tweet of second hand info...

But screw it, the culture Hurley is creating by bringing in gym rats like DC and AJ are going to lead us to a Final Four and Championship very very soon.

Love seeing tweets like this. Can't wait to watch DC play and this season to start!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
A lot of this board is sleeping on Donovan. I think if he didn't play at a public high school in Connecticut fans would be talking him up much more.
I don’t know if it’s people sleeping on him for this season as much as it’s people knowing he’s competing for ~10mpg max with 2 other dudes behind a potential All-American.

Reaction Score
DC is a smart kid.. He's putting in the time and learning until his number is called (during the season).. SnC and playing vs our Bigs on a daily basis will only help. His maturity about realizing nothing will be given to him until he earns it is refreshing .. Also a sign of good parenting

Reaction Score
I don’t know if it’s people sleeping on him for this season as much as it’s people knowing he’s competing for ~10mpg max with 2 other dudes behind a potential All-American.
I was going to add that he'll be playing behind Sanogo as well but it's more than that. I've seen a lot of posts about how Clingan won't be ready to contribute this season and there's even been posts saying he'll be a bust.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was going to add that he'll be playing behind Sanogo as well but it's more than that. I've seen a lot of posts about how Clingan won't be ready to contribute this season and there's even been posts saying he'll be a bust.
How many minutes do you think that has been gets a game at the end of the season?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You just can’t expect that much production playing 10ish minutes per game. The hope is he shows flashes of greatness.

Reaction Score
It all depends if the 4 out and 1 in works? If it doesn’t, he will more playing time. Donovan gives us an element no one else does, overwhelming size down low with some good skills.
However, given the recruiting it seems we are fairly committed to the 4 out deal. Time will tell if we have the outside shooting to do that. A lot will rest on Newton, Alleyne and Hawkins shooting. Joey C can shoot too, can he play the passable defense to get minutes?

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Same can be said for every player at one time or another.

Reaction Score
My own view is for a rotation of Sanogo, Johnson, Clingan, Springs and Jackson up front using two positions.

I don’t have a good read yet on the two international recent signees, so they may or may not change things. I think Karaban needs to add some confidence/swagger/toughness. Mechanically, he can shoot.

Newton, Hawkins, Alleyne, Jackson are the backcourt with Diarra giving us defense off the bench and Joey C shooting.

Yes, Jackson I mention in both places.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Okafor is listed as 6'10". Something doesn't add up.
Hmmm - photoshop on the BY?

DC has grown physically in the past 9 months - its amazing that he has added that much bulk
He realizes that he needs that bulk to survive the D1 season. He has really good foot movement for a young big man. The question remains - can he defend at this level vs the more experienced players? That will determine PT. I am very excited to see him wearing the UConn uniform.

Reaction Score
Hmmm - photoshop on the BY?

DC has grown physically in the past 9 months - its amazing that he has added that much bulk
He realizes that he needs that bulk to survive the D1 season. He has really good foot movement for a young big man. The question remains - can he defend at this level vs the more experienced players? That will determine PT. I am very excited to see him wearing the UConn uniform.
I think he will be fine down low but defending on the perimeter will be really tough for him. Adama isn't the best on the perimeter either but he's gotten much better from the time he came to UConn. Hopefully, Clingan follows a similar path.

Reaction Score
I think he will be fine down low but defending on the perimeter will be really tough for him. Adama isn't the best on the perimeter either but he's gotten much better from the time he came to UConn. Hopefully, Clingan follows a similar path.

Agree with this, although I think Adama has improved a ton since day 1. His ability to guard is very good, his decisions in guarding still a learning process. As you said, we can only hope DC has the same path. He has shown to have good footwork on O but no doubt needs improvement on the D side. It takes time for the real bigs in the game especially away from the basket so patience will be required.

Reaction Score
Based on seeing just a piece of the polo I believe that's Karaban on the other side. Damn I thought Emeka was a large man! lol DC is a big boy glad he's on our side.
Yes, Karaban.

Okafor will serve on the Big East alumni player panel this weekend at the league's eighth annual Freshman Fundamentals program in New York City.

Clingan and Alex Karaban will be among 28 Big East freshmen taking part in this weekend's program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom