Done with Gibbs | The Boneyard

Done with Gibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gibbs doesn't bother me much, it's Purvis that's brutal. Kid has heart, had a nice dunk today and nothing else. Every game he gets hot for a few minutes, and kills us the rest of the time.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I am now having a realization that this team has extremely overrated individual talent. Adams and Hamilton are the only two with potentially great talent.

Reaction Score
I am now having a realization that this team has extremely overrated individual talent. Adams and Hamilton are the only two with potentially great talent.

I'll agree Purvis, Gibbs, and Brimah are all highly overrated individual talents. This year I might have to throw Hamilton into that bunch. He drastically needs another year to mature and grow up. The amount of mental mistakes he makes game to game reminds me that he is just a sophomore. Guy gets way to much credit.

Shonn and Jalen are really the only 2 that lived up to their expectations this season in my opinion.

It's sad to say this team is still figuring out it's chemistry and individual roles....

Hopefully they'll have all of that hashed out come AAC tourney time

Reaction Score
Gibbs is a limited player we all know that now, can't get his own shot and is not athletic no hops either. BTW Seton Hall beating Villanova and Xavier puts them into tourney and they didn't need Gibbs to do it.

Reaction Score
Gibbs is a limited player we all know that now, can't get his own shot and is not athletic no hops either. BTW Seton Hall beating Villanova and Xavier puts them into tourney and they didn't need Gibbs to do it.
Seton Hall is looking like a top 10 type team to me lately, they are way better than us.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Gibbs and Purvis missed so many wide open 3s that was a huge difference in the final score. For as well as they shot at USF they shot horribly today. Let's bench them and kick'em to the curb for it. Gibbs did handle the ball way too much again today with Adams on the court though.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Bench Gibbs and play who instead!? Genius idea... :rolleyes:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Without Gibbs and his 3-pt shooting we are probably 17-13 or something mediocre.

Reaction Score
What bothered me today about Gibbs was watching him on defense.....he is a very poor defender. I have no problem with him playing the off guard on offense. His shooting has definitely won us a couple of games. But his defense is very sub-par. Watching these last few games, where mediocre teams are shooting 50% or better against us, I find it hard to believe we are ranked so highly in FG defense. I also don't like Gibbs and Hamilton's body language. They both hang their head a lot....not exactly a revolutionary thought, but I think the biggest issue on this team is chemistry. There is none.

Reaction Score
What bothered me today about Gibbs was watching him on defense.....he is a very poor defender. I have no problem with him playing the off guard on offense. His shooting has definitely won us a couple of games. But his defense is very sub-par. Watching these last few games, where mediocre teams are shooting 50% or better against us, I find it hard to believe we are ranked so highly in FG defense. I also don't like Gibbs and Hamilton's body language. They both hang their head a lot....not exactly a revolutionary thought, but I think the biggest issue on this team is chemistry. There is none.

He is not poor and has improved tremendously from Day 1 at UConn. While he's not great if you think he's poor then why even put Daniel Hamilton on the court because that would mean he's grotesque.

And guys, I agree Gibbs had 2 big misses wide open for 3 in the last 5 minutes but he also threw a great pass for an easy dunk to AB and he once again bobbled it. This isn't a "Gibbs" loss it's a team loss. NO ONE proved to be ready for the prime time once again, the most painful team in memory.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
SG is not the big reason for the team play this year BUT with all the great play he had at Seton Hall there was plenty of reason for optimism coming into this year
SG, in my view, has been less than expected and in most big games has been, well for lack of better words, bad.
The problem that this team has is that it is PG poor (yes, JA will be good, but right now he is too inconsistent to be called a go to PG)
No returning experience at the PG position has really hurt this team.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Gibbs is just a guy Ollie picked up to get UConn through this year to keep the program respectable until a true point guard arrives. Next year we will have one.

Reaction Score
And guys, I agree Gibbs had 2 big misses wide open for 3 in the last 5 minutes but he also threw a great pass for an easy dunk to AB and he once again bobbled it.
What made a guy like Magic Johnson so great was that his passes always took into account to whom he was passing. By that I meant that firing a pass through a gauntlet of 3 defenders, in traffic, behind the back, while singing "Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory of the Coming of the Lord" is useless if the guy you're throwing it to doesn't have the skill set to catch it.

I don't recall the play to which you are referring, but there have been more than a few "great passes" that "Amidah bobbled" which really were passes thrown at too close range or not in the bread basket or not with a clear view, and so on.

Reaction Score
Hamilton was beaten like a rented mule today.
Terrible defensively today.
agreed with this. for all the good he can do on offense, and he was pretty good today, he is also a well below average defender. just never looks like he's playing w energy

Reaction Score
agreed with this. for all the good he can do on offense, and he was pretty good today, he is also a well below average defender. just never looks like he's playing w energy

And how many what the duckk passes and dribbles can he make in one game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom