Done with Gibbs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Done with Gibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gibbs is just a guy Ollie picked up to get UConn through this year to keep the program respectable until a true point guard arrives. Next year we will have one.
I...sort of...agree with you...

We all thought Gibbs would be better at running the point, but we all sort of knew he was a stopgap to hold down the fort until Adams matures and Gilbert arrives.

Reaction Score
It's pretty clear offensively when Gibbs and Purvis are on we look like we belong.....the flip side is outrageously disastrous....the minutes that these guys contribute cannot equate into what happened today at this point of the season....not in Gample.
WE NEED YOU GUYS AT YOUR BEST EVERY GAME!!!!!!!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I don't like him at the point, I don't like him going to the rim

he should play the 2 and shoot open jump shots, he has a valuable roll on this team

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It begs this sobering question: did Gibbs receive better coaching at SH than what he's gotten from Ollie and staff? What's particularly disturbing about this question is by some reports, there were serious chemistry issues on last year's SH team, yet Gibbs apparently had a better season than this one, both against comparable, mid major conference competition.

Reaction Score
I'll agree Purvis, Gibbs, and Brimah are all highly overrated individual talents. This year I might have to throw Hamilton into that bunch. He drastically needs another year to mature and grow up. The amount of mental mistakes he makes game to game reminds me that he is just a sophomore. Guy gets way to much credit.

Shonn and Jalen are really the only 2 that lived up to their expectations this season in my opinion.

It's sad to say this team is still figuring out it's chemistry and individual roles....

Hopefully they'll have all of that hashed out come AAC tourney time
2016 or 2017

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I'll agree Purvis, Gibbs, and Brimah are all highly overrated individual talents. This year I might have to throw Hamilton into that bunch. He drastically needs another year to mature and grow up. The amount of mental mistakes he makes game to game reminds me that he is just a sophomore. Guy gets way to much credit.

Shonn and Jalen are really the only 2 that lived up to their expectations this season in my opinion.

It's sad to say this team is still figuring out it's chemistry and individual roles....

Hopefully they'll have all of that hashed out come AAC tourney time
Good post ...AAC tourney is last chance to get on the same page and start a run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member