Don Everly of the Everly Brothers | The Boneyard

Don Everly of the Everly Brothers

Reaction Score
In 1957 a couple of guitar playing girls sang this intriguing song
in an ,JR HS variety show called “Bye Bye Love“.
Now I was into more R&B and Doo Oop and didn’t know it was Pop hit but that became my introduction to Rock a Billy and the Everly’s. I soon heard the original and became a fan. Growing up in a house where all the males learned barbershop harmony I was more appreciative than most.
I‘ve heard being brothers with simalar voices who sang together since they were kids played a role in that perfection. They’re so in tune with each other it sounded like the same person laying down multiple tracks In a live song giving them a unique sound.
RIP Don thanks for the memories.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
RIP Don.

Recently watched this entire concert on Youtube. So many memories from childhood. Had 3 older sisters who played their records all the time. They grew up in a singing traveling family from the time they were very young. Harmony unbelievable.

Reaction Score
Back in 1972 I was the ASG social committee chairman of UConn Hartford. We teamed up with Trinity College to hold a free concert featuring the Everyly Brothers. They were nice guys but Don did warn me that I was drinking too much of the band's beer backstage. Nice concert, great days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom