Don’t sleep on Springs | The Boneyard

Don’t sleep on Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Coiled be.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Reaction Score
Richie never looked lost in his few minutes of PT. He looked like he belonged out there physically and seemed fairly relaxed too. I have a lot of hope that he can play and be a valuable contributor. Hopefully, he gets his chance this year. Seems he’s earned it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Love that he hung around, love that he’s out there working, but he’s played about 30 minutes in two years and now Hurley wants to play four out….I don’t think there’s much oxygen left for Springs after Johnson, Sanogo, Karaban and Clingan.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Love that he hung around, love that he’s out there working, but he’s played about 30 minutes in two years and now Hurley wants to play four out….I don’t think there’s much oxygen left for Springs after Johnson, Sanogo, Karaban and Clingan.
Fishy: killer of buzz

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If Hurley is faithful to his comments and criteria about what happens in practice he will have to fight his way onto the floor. I'd love to see that. What I'd dread to see is him leaving and turning into a monster on some other team. Quite a bit to see in the video except he needs that left hand when he is that close to the rim. Practice, practice, practice.

Reaction Score
He’s a situational player in a one in, four out offense. We should see plenty of teams trying to take us out of that game plan with some beef on the floor. We have Sanogo and Samson Johnson (effectiveness TBD), but I can see Richie filling the role of quick footed muscle for us on D. He’s also supposed to be a very good rebounder. Rebounding is a coveted skill that will be in need with Whaley and Martin gone. I’m hopeful that if you combine what Richie brings in strength, size and rebounding with some newly acquitted offensive skills, he will play and produce. He’s had nice form on his jumper all along and it longs like he’ll have a very serviceable handle for a big too.

Reaction Score
I’m hoping he can develop into a (very) poor man’s grant Williams by next year. Tough physical guy who will give us 10-15 quality minutes and play good defense with some high percentage shots down low.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Always hope for a player like this. My memory is fading but didn't Gavin Edwards get little playing time until he became an upperclassman?

DId not get huge minutes, but averaged about eight minutes a game and basically played every game as a soph. Got a ton of minutes as a senior when we were awful.

Isaiah Whaley?

Kentan Facey and Hilton Armstrong too.

Whaley played double digit minutes as a freshman. Only year that he did not was his sophomore year. Armstrong started 20+ games a freshmen. Facey was a starter as a sophomore.

I can’t really find anyone who did not play at all who eventually ended up as a contributor. I thought maybe Rudy Johnson, he was at the tail end of the rotation playing few minutes before starting as a senior.

Reaction Score
Hilton Armstrong started a lot of games as a freshman, but didn't play starter's minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom