Dom Amore: Sophomore Andre Jackson embracing the challenge, responsibility of being ‘that guy’ for post-pandemic UConn men | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore: Sophomore Andre Jackson embracing the challenge, responsibility of being ‘that guy’ for post-pandemic UConn men

Reaction Score
Y’all are trippin. Instead of being happy he’s working hard we have ANOTHER thread over run by OT non sense about god damn sleep schedules.... it’s the SAME people every topic, every time. If you think I’m talking to you then you are an offender. Maybe find a friend or three...
Real talk lol

Reaction Score
We need someone to step up and be one of the three scorers on this team. We know Cole and Martin can be 12-14/gm guys but I truly believe that's their ceiling. Jackson or Hawkins would make the most sense filling that role.

Hawkins will average more points this season than Jackson. Never thought about this before... but I'd practically guarantee it. I think either could be the more impactful player overall, but Hawkins is just an elite, efficient, bucket-getter.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Let's get him to 20 or 25% first from 3. I'm not even sure it's an exaggeration to say Andre Jackson shooting 35+% from 3 would be the best player in the Big East and one of the better players in the country
I agree with this and I also believe that the staff has impressed that on AJ. He sounds very motivated with his goals and I am sure the staff will be watching him with love this summer. If he just gives his best and trusts the staff he has the brightest of futures. I am so impressed with the recruiting of the staff (and Sool!!) and the level of hustle of these kids.

It will take time and patience but you can see the motivation is there; DH and co. just need to keep it hot. Top level recruits on top of top level recruits and they keep coming!

Reaction Score
Hawkins already posseses these skills. Needs to work on handle which will allow him to better create his own shot. But shooting ability is already there. Jackson has a much bigger gap to close. Confidence is also a major factor. He can practice and change his form. But what I know is there is a big difference between doing it in a gym with nothing on the line and game time.

Reportedly, he does... He's also played exactly 0 seconds of college basketball. Roscoe Smith supposedly had those skills, too. And Scott Hazelton. And Jamal Coombs-McDaniel. And... I like what I've seen, but I'm hesitant, given all of our unrealistic expectations of the past, to assume he will be a guy who can step in and immediately be a 10-14ppg scorer. That's what we desperately need. Cole and Martin are solid complimentary pieces. But if they are your go-to guys, I just don't see an offense that will be very effective or efficient.

Reaction Score
We should all be very excited by his report because having that feel for the ball with those 1000 makes is something he did not have last year. He could be scoring 20 a game because his athleticism has always been there. I agree though that some kids can do it in practice but not the game. He has to get over that hurdle.

Reaction Score
Hawkins already posseses these skills. Needs to work on handle which will allow him to better create his own shot. But shooting ability is already there. Jackson has a much bigger gap to close. Confidence is also a major factor. He can practice and change his form. But what I know is there is a big difference between doing it in a gym with nothing on the line and game time.
There you go. Derailing the thread by hinting at another Ater Majok.....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Hes got to finish off the bounce going to the rim too. Almost as important or maybe even more so than being a mild 3 point threat. Andre's handle is decent , we know his passing and court vision/awareness is off the charts good. It was easy to see last year why he was an ineffective 3 point shooter. What flummoxed me was his few forays into the paint off the bounce where he couldnt get a layup off, or if he got it up it wasnt even close going in. Someone like him should be eating guys alive if he gets a step on them in the paint. Otherwise other teams can just play him for the paint dump off. He needs to posterize some people off the bounce this year, not just from alley oops or breakaways. Then he is a threat.
You posted this exact comment in another thread about Andre.

Were you watching how far the defenders were sagging off Andre?? I would say at least 6 feet. Strictly following social distancing protocols.

But joking aside, I don’t think I’ve ever seen defenders sag off one of our players as much as they did Andre. They were daring him to shoot the 3.

There was absolutely no room to drive. And when he did drive he often finished pretty well in traffic, although I admit I haven’t looked at any stats.

I think his finishing ability will be fine. And is more innate and linked to his athleticism.

Once he develops a respectable 3 point shot, Defenders will have to close out and he has a pretty quick first step and insane leaping ability which I think will shine two-fold after gaining a respectable jumper

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We need someone to step up and be one of the three scorers on this team. We know Cole and Martin can be 12-14/gm guys but I truly believe that's their ceiling. Jackson or Hawkins would make the most sense filling that role.

I really don't want Martin scoring 12-14 unless he is fifth or sixth on the team in scoring.

He is remarkably inefficient against better D1 teams.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I really don't want Martin scoring 12-14 unless he is fifth or sixth on the team in scoring.

He is remarkably inefficient against better D1 teams.
Or if he’s the spearhead of a full out running game like Donny Marshall. I could accept 12 then. It would be efficient .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom