Dom Amore: A ‘no call’ spoils UConn’s day, but shouldn’t flush Huskies season | The Boneyard

Dom Amore: A ‘no call’ spoils UConn’s day, but shouldn’t flush Huskies season

Reaction Score

-> Jim Mora didn’t avail himself of the usual “cooling off period” after UConn’s 23-20 loss to Wake Forest.

No, he entered the interview room just a few minutes after the final gun and he was neither cooled off, nor lukewarm, nor smoldering. It was Fire … balllll:

“Okay, well, what I told the team is: ‘I’m proud of them for fighting back. We’ve got to make sure that we put ourselves in a position where it doesn’t come down to one play where an ACC (officiating team) team makes a horse (bleep) call against an independent, and that’s up to us to play better at the start of the game so it doesn’t come down to that call, which was holding and (pass interference).’ And that’s what I told them, we’ll come back, and we’ll fight, so it’s on us to play better earlier. But it’d sure be nice if it was a level playing field.” <-

Reaction Score
I'm guessing as the home team we pay the officiating team, I think DB should tell the ACC the check will be delivered if and when you can explain to me how that call at the end of the game (PI) was acceptable. Until that happens don't hold your breath waiting for UConn to pay for that joke of an officiating team.

Reaction Score
Why do we have to hire ACC refs for those games? This is completely horsesh@t. Who do Notre Dame use for refs for home games? I suspect ACC would be scared to piss off ACC refs.

Why can't UConn use refs from the MAC for example?
If we do sign with the b12 at any point I would demand they provide us referees for football going forward if we have to remain independent.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
UConn needs to be in a conference so this crap doesn't happen. If the officials had called the play as they should have, UConn would have had at least another few plays. Let the players decide not the officials

Reaction Score
What if UConn joins the ACC? Will the refs still be bias for the Southern teams?
The bias will be towards the higher ranked teams. Ive seen that there are at least a few teams that felt the refs gave Miami the boost against them (most notably Virginia Tech).

Reaction Score
The bias will be towards the higher ranked teams. Ive seen that there are at least a few teams that felt the refs gave Miami the boost against them (most notably Virginia Tech).
That was the league intervening in VT game. The officials called a TD. The league saw their prized playoff team in jeopardy and rescued them. But it’s a league fixated on stealing whatever they can in their last few years of relevance.

Reaction Score
The no call didn't spoil it.

Getting into that position in the first place did. A false start on a more manageable 4th and 3 did it.

I can't moan about a bad call when the team did almost everything they could to lose.

Reaction Score
The no call didn't spoil it.

Getting into that position in the first place did. A false start on a more manageable 4th and 3 did it.

I can't moan about a bad call when the team did almost everything they could to lose.
were you at the game?

Reaction Score
Refs really are out to ruin the game with their non-calls. this going to get old and it not fun when opportunities are taken away with an obvious favoritism play is not called correctly.

Reaction Score
were you at the game?

Does it matter?

The OC also didn’t know it was 4th down because he listened to the stadium announcer.

He would have been better off calling the game via zoom.

Reaction Score
Does it matter?

The OC also didn’t know it was 4th down because he listened to the stadium announcer.

He would have been better off calling the game via zoom.
It does matter, because I was there screaming my lungs out at the no holding calls, Questioning the ball positions... and if we as fans sitting in the visitor sections could see it.... see all the things happening and trying to react to them fast enough.... I don't blame the coaches, imagine if PP was at the helm like he was over a decade ago. OMG we lose this thing by over 40+.

Reaction Score
If you are kicking arse, no need to worry about refs

If we were playing a bottom 10 team in the country and were favored to win by 28 and it came down to this play that would be a fair argument.

This was a game against a p4 team that was essentially a pick em. It was expected to come down to just a couple plays. Missing an obvious call like that, as well as other bad calls that happened too are going to impact at matchup like this

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom