Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people' | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people'

Reaction Score
Is there ever a report of a visit going poorly? Like, what would that even look like? Recruit spits out the food at dinner?
Only one I can remember is some recruit saying his St. John's official visit was awful. I laughed at that one because I can't ever remember reading anything like that. Does anyone remember who that was?

Reaction Score
Y'all did the board a disservice locking the last Flagg thread after a poster asked if Flagg was a better prospect than Bron. Thread needed to stay open so we could take turns jumping him.
Cooper Flagg V9. Or is it V10 now?

Reaction Score
Only one I can remember is some recruit saying his St. John's official visit was awful. I laughed at that one because I can't ever remember reading anything like that. Does anyone remember who that was?
I know The Dove visited St. John’s and didn’t like it (who would, have u seen it?) and the rest is history. I think it was more he didn’t like the campus as opposed to not liking the visit/people hosting per se. not sure if that is who u were thinking of.

Reaction Score

People throw around the phrase generational talent way too much. Every #1 pick is called "generational talent." Wemby was hailed as the next coming of Lebron for the past 3 years.

By definition there can only be a few generational talents at any given time. Predicting that for Flagg is ridiculous.

He's really duck*n good. Leave it at that.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
People throw around the phrase generational talent way too much. Every #1 pick is called "generational talent." Wemby was hailed as the next coming of Lebron for the past 3 years.

By definition there can only be a few generational talents at any given time. Predicting that for Flagg is ridiculous.

He's really duck*n good. Leave it at that.

I’m gonna call CF a generational talent when he can do this

F9Ao8YNWIAA5ZJ-

Reaction Score
I know The Dove visited St. John’s and didn’t like it (who would, have u seen it?) and the rest is history. I think it was more he didn’t like the campus as opposed to not liking the visit/people hosting per se. not sure if that is who u were thinking of.
It was someone else. More recent than Dove. Maybe like 15-20 years ago. Someone UConn was recruiting but didn't get either. Doron Lamb maybe? Someone like that.

Reaction Score
I’m gonna call CF a generational talent when he can do this

F9Ao8YNWIAA5ZJ-

Wemby is really good. He's built like a literal alien. All about injuries at his size. I see a guy in the all-star game a dozen times if he stays healthy.

It's just preseason, but the kid's per 36 numbres were bananas so far... 33/8/3 w/ 2 steals and 5 blocks. Turnover numbers are pretty bad (5) and his shooting %s aren't the best. But good grief, the kid looks like he could end up as Gobert with KD's handles and jump shooting.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is there ever a report of a visit going poorly? Like, what would that even look like? Recruit spits out the food at dinner?
1. School forgets to pick up recruit at the airport.

2. A gift of a team uni has recruits name spelled wrong.

3. Photo shoot goes 5 hours long.

4. Mrs. Fine starts calling recruit at odd hours.

5. Recruits' offered NIL package turns out to be nothing because an elderly secretary thought she heard "Offer him nil!!"

Reaction Score
Any coach at any school could have said this and it would be true. The difference here that cuts through all the BS is that other basketball schools actually have more success and are not basing success on some nostalgic nonsense.

Reaction Score
When he said that and said St.Vincent-St.Mary just played streetball it was like bruh cmon
Y'all did the board a disservice locking the last Flagg thread after a poster asked if Flagg was a better prospect than Bron. Thread needed to stay open so we could take turns jumping him.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone want to puke?

puke GIF
When Scheyer says “short term decision making” what he means is “we fumbled the bag.”

When he says “the stage we play on” what he means is “ESPN+ in a watered down has been conference whose brands are shakier than they’ve been in 30 years, including Dukes”

When he says “Duke for life” what he means is “lots of hugs”

Reaction Score
Cooper Flagg is a really good player. I've seen Kirilenko comps. Giannis, Tatum, Franz Wagner. Even LeBron.

I think he can be the next college basketball player to put up 20 BPM after Zion Williamson.

Question for you fellas: does Don Amore of the Hartford Courant have a track record of inside information? I saw where he states Flagg will decide this week.

Thanks.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Where are we at with big Pat?

Reaction Score
This is what I’ve been saying. Duke is going all out on the hype, this is counter productive for them here. He’s a kid from a close knit family from rural Maine. He never grants interviews to national media. He doesn’t want the hype. He probably felt much more comfortable in Storrs where it was low key and basketball/Family focused. Duke has their bag lady following him around. It’s a joke.
A couple weeks ago i posted that i thought Flagg was coming here. I was like 90% convinced and i had my reasons which i didnt specify but now a couple weeks later from some of the things ive read and seen im to the point that ill be very surprised if he goes to duke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom