Does UConn Make the Tournament

Does UConn make the tournament?

• Yes

Votes: 257 71.8%
  • No

Votes: 101 28.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
If we are 100% healthy, I think so, but with James out for over a month, Andre out for a month, and Akok a non factor this year, looks like another missed tournament.
step away from the ledge

if we get bouk back for the xavier game on 2/13 then that's only 4 more games without him (butler is getting canceled next week). even if we go 0-4 that puts us at 4-7 with 7 games left.

those 7 games are: @xavier, pc, @nova, @gtown, marquette, @hall, and gtown.

going 5-2 in that stretch to finish 9-9 is very realistic. win one game in the BE tourney and we are dancing

that's worst case scenario imo...we can beat SJU next week w/o bouk, we can go 6-1 once we get bouk back, there might be an opportunity to play a make up game or two...we can win at least 2 games in the BE tourney...this is far from over.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Predictions on this board have been bad last few years.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think UConn will make A tournament
The St Johns loss was big in many ways
First, it was a home loss to a lesser league opponent. Second, it's a game where Polley lost his shot and worse, his confidence - we saw that today. We need some outside threat to open up the inside game and without Bouk, Polley was the answer. I'm fearing that ship may have sailed. IF Bouk can comeback sooner than later the BIG dance is still in view but if he can't comeback until later than mid Feb - NIT may be the best bet

Reaction Score
Finish 500 in the league and UConn is in
Big East carries more weight than AAC

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I hope you post that video when it happens.

I don’t want to see this thread after another loss is what I’m saying. Let me/us recover from another loss. I don’t need to talk about missing the tournament 1 minute after our team gave it their all while extremely outmatched.
If any of these 3: Jackson, Akok, Bouknight ever play another minute of UConn basketball I’ll pour a whole bottle of Frank’s into my eyes.

Reaction Score
Also for the love of God...help Sanogo not travel....I counted at least four today.

Reaction Score
Finish 500 in the league and UConn is in
Big East carries more weight than AAC
This.

More often than not, teams that finish in the top half of the Big East have made the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
FWIW UConn actually moved up in the KenPom
rankings today, albeit only one spot from 28 to 27. They are favored in four of their next five games. I think we’re going to be okay.
What you do think our record is over the next five games? I just feel like we exploded that half without Bouknight and played well the next game, but now the tape is out. Don’t let Polly shoot, and don’t foul during layups because we miss them all.

we really don’t have a three point threat so teams are just packing it in against us.

Reaction Score
Too early to tell if the Huskies will get in. They will likely fall to 5th or 6th in the BE, so it will be right. NET ranking will be important.

Reaction Score
What you do think our record is over the next five games? I just feel like we exploded that half without Bouknight and played well the next game, but now the tape is out. Don’t let Polly shoot, and don’t foul during layups because we miss them all.

we really don’t have a three point threat so teams are just packing it in against us.
I think they have enough to go 3-2 over the next 5. Beat Butler at home, lose to Nova on the road, win at Johnnie's, beat Seton Hall at home, and lose at Providence.

Reaction Score

I'll conservatively say 3-2 right now, until we see what Andre Jackson we're getting when he comes back

Reaction Score

What @superjohn and @navery12 both say - I think we go 3-2.

Reaction Score

3-2 or 4-1

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I think we get in if we end up as a bubble team. While it's been soiled in the last few years, the name UConn still carries some weight, at least I hope it does. Also, having a borderline lottery pick on most people's draft boards may help with the committee as well.

Reaction Score
The problem right now is we have no consistent scorer. I thought Polley & Martin would bridge the gap until Bouk returns but not happening last couple games. One of them needs to score 20 for us to have a chance at wins until Bouk is back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom