Does tonight’s loss cost UCONN a #1 seed | The Boneyard

Does tonight’s loss cost UCONN a #1 seed

Reaction Score
I know they won’t leave Albany.. NCAA won’t do that. But I think losing tonight will cost them a number 1 seed. Sadly The AAC is horendus. UCONN has to get out of this conference.. I think future recruiting is going to affect it.. players want to play in a good conference to be challenged night in and night out. Louisville played great .. UCONN just doesn’t have enough depth .. Geno and company has to do a better job in recruiting .. next year is going to be a very very long season.. truth hurts .. this UCONN team just doesn’t have anything after the starting 5. It all starts with the horrible conference ... kids are looking away .. Geno needs to bring in players in the off season and sign players for 2020 or sadly the dynasty is coming to a end. I will be shocked if UCONN makes it to a final four.. elite 8 at best.

Reaction Score
Unless they lose another game, I don't think so. At worst, they will get the highest 2 seed, which is looking like ND again. The last 1 seed with probably be the loser of the ACC tournament (ND/Lou) or it could be Stanford or Oregon

Reaction Score
As of right now I'd say yes. But depends on what else happens.
I could see Lou as the #1 in Albany.

Reaction Score
I know they won’t leave Albany.. NCAA won’t do that. But I think losing tonight will cost them a number 1 seed. Sadly The AAC is horendus. UCONN has to get out of this conference.. I think future recruiting is going to affect it.. players want to play in a good conference to be challenged night in and night out. Louisville played great .. UCONN just doesn’t have enough depth .. Geno and company has to do a better job in recruiting .. next year is going to be a very very long season.. truth hurts .. this UCONN team just doesn’t have anything after the starting 5. It all starts with the horrible conference ... kids are looking away .. Geno needs to bring in players in the off season and sign players for 2020 or sadly the dynasty is coming to a end. I will be shocked if UCONN makes it to a final four.. elite 8 at best.
Elite 8 at best?? Lol we lost 2 ROAD games against now the 1 & 2 ranked teams. Step away from the ledge. Keep in mind ND lost by THIRTY-THREE last year and won it all.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Almost certainly, unless the other top 5 teams lose multiple games.

We will have played 3 Top 10 teams and gone 1-2. We will have gone 3-0 or 2-1 against the rest of the Top 25, and played a whole lot of nothing otherwise.

That said, we will still get the gift regional placement regardless, and MSU will be rightfully angry. In the end, 1 or 2 seed doesn't really matter, but the fact that we've been non-competitive late in the game against the only 2 opponents of significance over the last 2 months does.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Here's the team sheet as of now:
1548987081107.png

Hopefully that's legible.

RPI is working against them. The committee won't punish you for road losses to top teams like Baylor and Louisville. (Side note: They've played 1, 2, and 3 on the road. Yikes!) But they can't count on the conference schedule to fill out their resume with more strong wins.

ND away is a great win. They just could use a couple more strong ones and there aren't many on the schedule. Pound everybody, especially South Carolina and UCF, and hope that's good enough, I guess.

I'll be interested to see Creme's analysis. I'm thinking that they need help as of now. But as ND proved, you never know when another team will slip on a banana peel.

As of this moment, I'm thinking the 1s would be ND, Baylor, Louisville, and Oregon.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Elite 8 at best?? Lol we lost 2 ROAD games against now the 1 & 2 ranked teams. Step away from the ledge. Keep in mind ND lost by FORTY last year and won it all.

Ahem, it was 33.

(you're 100% right about the other stuff).

Reaction Score
Just doing a quick sketch here's my thought:
NC: Bay, NCSt, OrSt, SoCar
IL: ND , Stan, Marq, Iowa
NY: Lou, Conn, Md. , Tex
OR: Ore, MsSt, Gonz, Syr

Reaction Score
Just doing a quick sketch here's my thought:
NC: Bay, NCSt, OrSt, SoCar
IL: ND , Stan, Marq, Iowa
NY: Lou, Conn, Md. , Tex
OR: Ore, MsSt, Gonz, Syr
I’m fine with this. If we’re in the same region as Lou I like our chances. Say what you want about this team but I highly doubt they lose twice to the same team.

Reaction Score
Yes, we are a #2 seed and we can't move to a #1 unless Louisville loses to anyone but ND and Oregon loses to anyone but Stanford. Baylor and ND won't lose another game this season.

Reaction Score
Disappointing night. The shooting woes continue. Unless their is a quantum leap in consistency I think the elite eight is the ceiling for this team based on what I have seen on the court so far this season. So yes, I don't see them as a No. 1 seed unless several teams stumble from here on out. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
UCONN is off the one line and needs 2 of the 5 teams above them to falter. Here's how I see it:

Baylor-lock for a 1 if they run the table the rest of the way. They have the easiest schedule left of the 5 but are streaky...if they lose a game, I'd probably put UCONN ahead of them.

Notre Dame-lock for a 1 if they run the table, or if they lose 1 more game. Their list of wins and SOS is the best in the nation.

Mississippi State-need to run the table to lock in a 1 seed. Their SOS is weak but they deserve a 1 if they win out, otherwise UCONN passes them.

Oregon-I think they can afford to lose a game and still be ahead of UCONN. They have the toughest road left, a game at Stanford, back to back games against Oregon State and then whoever they face in the Pac 12 Tournament. If they lose 2 more, they may drop to a 2 seed if the above teams hold on, but I think they end up in Portland regardless like UCONN ends up in Albany.

Louisville-they can lose another game and they're ahead of UCONN. 2 games and UCONN jumps ahead.

Reaction Score
Nothing is settled in PAC-12. There are scenarios where PAC-12 doesn't get #1 seed. And, it could be a team other than Oregon as #2 seed in Portland. If MSU wins out they have a good shot at #1 seed

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
1548990323181.png

Reaction Score
If schools like UCF and USF can consistently produce tourney teams and finally beat UConn, the women's side is bound to improve.

UCF is doing an incredible job raising their whole athletic department, using the AAC as a springboard.

Are fans of other schools as emo as ours? I've never seen a fanbase cry so much over football. Kansas is about to spend 200 mil on their stadium.

Reaction Score
Not much difference, they will get to play the no1 seed (other than ND/LV/Baylor ) who would be the no. 2 seed in uconn’s region had UConn won tonight. So it is a wash

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom