Does this team have a run in them? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Does this team have a run in them?

Reaction Score
For those wishing we were on the non-Houston side of the bracket, to me it really doesn’t matter. We don’t go anywhere unless we win the whole damn thing. I’d rather play them (relatively) rested early in the tournament than in the finals when we may be a bit more gassed with our lack of depth. We’re going to have to beat them one way or another so it doesn’t matter if they are game 2 or game 4 in my opinion.

Reaction Score
For those wishing we were on the non-Houston side of the bracket, to me it really doesn’t matter. We don’t go anywhere unless we win the whole damn thing. I’d rather play them (relatively) rested early in the tournament than in the finals when we may be a bit more gassed with our lack of depth. We’re going to have to beat them one way or another so it doesn’t matter if they are game 2 or game 4 in my opinion.
Agreed, first game of the tournament for them maybe they come out cold from 3. Either way still need to just win the games who cares against who.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why are so many of you getting your hopes up like this?

What is the point in being a fan if you don't have hope?

I think they win today, and make it close tomorrow. I doubt that gets us to the NIT, which is what I really want for this team.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
What is the point in being a fan if you don't have hope?

I think they win today, and make it close tomorrow. I doubt that gets us to the NIT, which is what I really want for this team.

So because I don’t think we’ll make a run there is no point being a fan? Incredible. Sure we might beat USF then what we get Houston.

Reaction Score
Is ESPN streaming the game on its app? If not, any other streams out there?

Edit: Yes, on the ESPN app. Hopefully, it's not blacked out come game time

Reaction Score
idk. i don’t have the answers, i’m just a man.
but one thing is for dang sure tho. ILL BE TUNING IN. HUSKIES WOOF WOOF WOOF

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So because I don’t think we’ll make a run there is no point being a fan? Incredible. Sure we might beat USF then what we get Houston.

No. I don't think we will win the tournament either. But I hope we do. If I didn't have at least hope, there would be no point.

Reaction Score
Now I have us winning the title.

I need to find that post from before the 2014 tournament where you said we were never going anywhere with Shabazz as our leader.

Oh, I thought of resurrecting that with an extra salty description of Adams instead of Napier. Truth is, deep down I knew Bazz had it somewhere in him. Jalen doesn't. I fully expect him to disappear for a good long stretch of the next game or two, ending our season.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Oh, I thought of resurrecting that with an extra salty description of Adams instead of Napier. Truth is, deep down I knew Bazz had it somewhere in him. Jalen doesn't. I fully expect him to disappear for a good long stretch of the next game or two, ending our season.

Excellent layered mojo play. Its why you are the judge.

Reaction Score
Why are so many of you getting your hopes up like this?
Also, why has most of the board been saying we are a good team with Jalen being the point guard? He was the point guard all of last year and the year before and we were horrendous. Is this seriously all off of us beating East Carolina?

Don't want to be the downer but it's like we're in some ulterior universe since we beat ECU.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Also, why has most of the board been saying we are a good team with Jalen being the point guard? He was the point guard all of last year and the year before and we were horrendous. Is this seriously all off of us beating East Carolina?

Don't want to be the downer but it's like we're in some ulterior universe since we beat ECU.

Ever since the Jalen Adams hater thread, I've been confused. I assume I watched a different game. People see what they want to see.

Reaction Score

I think it’s a combination of things. The biggest big it’s March, we’re UConn and we’ve kind of done this shocking the world thing before. Houston isn’t a big enough mountain to where we shouldn’t have hope. Secondly we all know the type of player Jalen can be in a tournament setting see Maui or 2016. Thirdly guys like Josh Carlton, and Polley have really improved as the season has progressed. So no it isn’t just because of the ECU win. But the way they played against ECU is a prerequisite to a run if there shall be one. So step one to a miracle was completed. Now we pray

Reaction Score
Ever since the Jalen Adams hater thread, I've been confused. I assume I watched a different game. People see what they want to see.
He was great in that game but it was against ECU. Somehow that game is proof that we are good with Jalen as point guard and we are capable of rattling off 4 wins in 4 days on our way to the NCAA's.

Reaction Score
I think they might. Jalen knows it’s his last stand as a Husky. It’s boom or bust for these guys, win or go home. We have a madman on the sidelines who will have this team ready to play. I fully expect us to beat USF and give Houston a run for their money.

Reaction Score

Here's a thought: maybe some of those people watch sports to derive some measure of pleasure, and a cold-eyed assessment of this team's deficiencies is less fun than gassing yourself up about how they might surprise you. It's supposed to be fun, after all, it's sports.

If you want to be the reality police and take a dump on anyone who doesn't remind themselves every day that the team stinks that can be your role. Everyone has to have a role.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom