Does The Burton Family Football Complex Help Recruiting? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does The Burton Family Football Complex Help Recruiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Facilities are the ante in this particular game. Burton/Shenkman was state of the art for college and rivaled some NFL teams when it opened. But time marches on and it is no longer the gold standard. Any major college team that has built a new facility since is probably equal or better.

Reaction Score
UCONN should work any connections to the South as much as possible. Your coaches should work camps at smaller schools, and spend as much time there as humanly possible. Schools like Wisconsin, Purdue and NW have mined Fl for years in order to grab athletes.

This can't be understated. There are so many kids down here that will not make it to the handful of schools that can grab almost any kid they want from down here simply because they are a notch below in terms of talent, or they have not yet developed fully as a player. You have to get players from everywhere, but Florida is a damn gold mine and it should be a priority to get players from here on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
Our facility is great and is totally worthy of a major conference. It is still a top 35 facility, very conservatively. Given that our average recruit doesn't have offers from the top tier football programs, it is an absolute advantage. If you think these kids aren't impressed by the Shenk when they have been visiting G5 schools and a couple bottom of the barrel P5 schools, you are mistaken. Recruits mention the facilities in every in depth interview/article I read. Seriously, if the article is more than a paragraph, the kid says something very positive about the facilities.

Also, remember that Diaco just had the place cleaned, painted and freshened up. That matters when the building has taken a beating for 10 years. Im sure it is much fresher now that he is demanding everything be in order. For all his seeming shortcomings, meticulousness is not one of them. I suspect the Shenk is back to near new condition.

Reaction Score
Look how drastically Baylor has improved over the last few years.
Recruiting neighborhood is a BIG plus.
Winning is a BIGGER plus.
An exciting style of play excites recruits even more. TCU vs. Baylor was one of the most exciting CFB I ever witnessed. Forget the nonsense about lack of defense. The commentators suggested most of the Big 12 play a wide open offense....."there are no secrets in that league".......even WVU has a more explosive offense than when in the BE.(if you can believe that).
I'd rather watch "a hundred games" with scores something like 60-57 (OT)that even one at 12-3. In fact, for the first time ever I turned a UConn game off........after I woke up in the third quarter because I fell asleep near the end of the 1st. Didn't miss anything.
Fan atmosphere? Give me a team that can execute like TCU, Baylor, WVU, ECU, UCF, etc., instead of a glorified high school offense.
Give us a college game day FB experience.....the recruits (maybe more than a few will have other offers) will come, the W's will come, and so will the fans.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I'd rather watch "a hundred games" with scores something like 60-57 (OT)that even one at 12-3.

This is what make the BY go round - I HATE that type of football. No defense. Those teams will get destoryed by Miss St, Alabama, Auburn -

IMO the better game was the SEC games.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It's also important to remember that that facility is also getting close to 10 years old. While it is still very nice, in today's day and age and with the arms race going on, particularly with P5 schools, it pales in comparison to many other football facilities.

It may help in recruiting amongst AAC schools but it is not swaying a kid from a P5 school

You have no clue on the facilities at UCONN. They are comparable to any school in the Northeast and Mid Atlantic region. The practice field is as good as there is anywhere's in the country.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
See minidarren's avatar. Next question.

APA

Reaction Score
You have no clue on the facilities at UCONN. They are comparable to any school in the Northeast and Mid Atlantic region. The practice field is as good as there is anywhere's in the country.
In other words, as good as BC, Rutgers and Maryland?

Reaction Score
Look how drastically Baylor has improved over the last few years.
Recruiting neighborhood is a BIG plus.
Winning is a BIGGER plus.
An exciting style of play excites recruits even more. TCU vs. Baylor was one of the most exciting CFB I ever witnessed. Forget the nonsense about lack of defense. The commentators suggested most of the Big 12 play a wide open offense....."there are no secrets in that league"..even WVU has a more explosive offense than when in the BE.(if you can believe that).
I'd rather watch "a hundred games" with scores something like 60-57 (OT)that even one at 12-3. In fact, for the first time ever I turned a UConn game off...after I woke up in the third quarter because I fell asleep near the end of the 1st. Didn't miss anything.
Fan atmosphere? Give me a team that can execute like TCU, Baylor, WVU, ECU, UCF, etc., instead of a glorified high school offense.
Give us a college game day FB experience.....the recruits (maybe more than a few will have other offers) will come, the W's will come, and so will the fans.

We have a winner. Until UConn can ditch the 1950's offense and score TD's in bunches, things will continue poorly. Better talent, a more wide open offensive philosophy (how come Uconn interim coach understood that?), an expanded stadium, and an approach that views games (i.e.,the absolute need to win) against OOC's as "must-win bowl games" instead of exhibition games.

Reaction Score
What time is practice tomorrow? Just deciding if I should go out tonight or stay in.

Reaction Score
bobbyinaz said:
Then we'll agree to disagree. Again, I'm not taking a shot at the Burton Center. It is a VERY NICE building. I just don't think it is as nice as these other ones.

It doesn't matter. We aren't really competing against those schools anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom