Does Drummond have the most preseason hype in the history of uconn? | The Boneyard

Does Drummond have the most preseason hype in the history of uconn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess andrew B(preNBA announcement)) might be on the list of CV or Rudy

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He might have passed by Ajou.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Since he was like 14 people have been thinking he would come to UConn and be a one and done type player. Hard to top that.

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
Back in the day, Corney Thompson, considered to be numero uno by
many, made the center column font page of the Wall Street Journal
when he announced.

Reaction Score
I dont see how it could be topped. as someone said we have all been aware of him for at least a solid 3 years,he is from CT and grew up a UConn fan. Yes he is the most hyped ever

Reaction Score
I think so especially since he is from connecticut. Uconn could not let him get away

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think Deng came in with as much, if not more, hype.

Every program in the country knows about Drummond. There's a thread are practically every major board about him committing to UConn and what it means to the MCBB landscape.

This was not even remotely the case with Deng.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
We can settle this easily - Drummond is the most hyped, Deng was the most overhyped.

Reaction Score
I personally have never been so excited to see one of our new guys play.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Every program in the country knows about Drummond. There's a thread are practically every major board about him committing to UConn and what it means to the MCBB landscape.

This was not even remotely the case with Deng.
True but the proclamation that he was our best player on national TV set the stage for a lot of hype.

Reaction Score
Drummond is the highest rated player we've ever had. Add to it that he's from CT and people have been drooling over him for 3-4 years, and he's easily our most "hyped" recruit ever. Unfortunately for our fan base, that will prb mean 20-12-5 blocks or bust.

Reaction Score
Drummond is the highest rated player we've ever had. Add to it that he's from CT and people have been drooling over him for 3-4 years, and he's easily our most "hyped" recruit ever. Unfortunately for our fan base, that will prb mean 20-12-5 blocks or bust.

i can see him averaging 15-10-3 similar to greg odens freshmen year unless he goes crazy and gets all kevin durant/micheal beasley on us. either way i wouldnt complain. only way id complain is if he fab melo`d his freshmen season lol!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
i can see him averaging 15-10-3 similar to greg odens freshmen year unless he goes crazy and gets all kevin durant/micheal beasley on us. either way i wouldnt complain. only way id complain is if he fab melo`d his freshmen season lol!

Thing is, neither Beasley or Durant had a player of Jeremy Lamb's caliber (a lottery pick) on their team. There's only so many numbers to go around. If anything, I think Drummond's inclusion will pad Shabazz's and Lamb's stats, as things will open up for them. Oriakhi too, most likely.

Reaction Score
Corny Thompson was top 5, so depending on where you have Drummond ranked, it's either Corny or Drummond for highest ranked recruit.

Reaction Score
Nobody has him lower than 2, and many argue he is 1 overall by a significant margin.

M

Marc Bishop

Front page story of the Hartford Courant was about Dom Perno driving through blizzard to Middletown to acquire long sought Corny Thompson's signature.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We can settle this easily - Drummond is the most hyped, Deng was the most overhyped.
couldn't agree more. Deng was nowhere near the player Drummond is. and he was nowhere near the #1 ranking when he came to UCONN.

in fact, he was 89 per RSCI, Dave Telep had him at 80. he was 50 somewhere else. that doesn't seem right to me but i just looked up Deng's high school profile and that's what came up. i thought he was a top 50 recruit...

Reaction Score
He is the #1 in my book.

The question is not if he will be good but how good will he be- there are not many big men that can come into the BE their first year and even hold their own let alone excel. AD is one of those players. He can do it all- score- pass- and play great D.

I see AO scoring 5 more points a game mostly from getting open looks and passes because AD is on the floor with many of those passes coming from him.

JL,SN,RS and DD will find themselves with 50% more open shots because we now can jam the ball into the paint and score- AO alone was not a huge threat. To sum it up AD does not have to score 15 points a game- he is a guy that will make everyone else better and that was always the key to how good we could be this year- improvement in the young pups and keeping the team chemistry.

Reaction Score
I think Deng came in with as much, if not more, hype.

I think Dengs hype came in after he was at UCONN already i.e. the year he was ineligible but practicing...when he committed i don't recall all the hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom