Does CUSA survive? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Does CUSA survive?

Reaction Score
All I ask is that we don't schedule a game with Tarleton State.
Hard to disagree as possibly one of few 'yarders who has been in Stephenville. Tarleton's A&M-system financial support, Texas population growth, etc may have helped the school grow and the miserable town attract something, but NFW should UConn schedule the Texans. Even Ruston, LA's remotely OK to be generous versus Stephenville and Tarleton.

Reaction Score

Lol they are charging them $2M ??

So Sam Houston probably paid a WAC entrance fee plus now a WAC departure fee (was there an exit fee from Southland?) And now they’ll pay a CUSA entrance fee?

Awful lot of fees to end up in the worst FBS conference of all time.

Reaction Score
Interesting that they are doing all this to get to 7. And yet doesn’t it all fall apart if they don’t get an 8th?

Reaction Score

So Sam Houston probably paid a WAC entrance fee plus now a WAC departure fee (was there an exit fee from Southland?) And now they’ll pay a CUSA entrance fee?

Sunbelt wanted Marshall so bad they waived the $2m entrance fee.

Reaction Score
Sunbelt wanted Marshall so bad they waived the $2m entrance fee.
NMSU and SHSU should tell CUSA to Fxxx off and push the WAC to go FBS sooner rather than later. Tarleton wants to move up. I bet possible future member McNeese does too,
They should be able to get 2 more members to upgrade.
Then when CUSA collapses they can add UTEP and LaTech.

Reaction Score
Interesting... If CUSA expansion is complete, they must think WKU and/or MTSU is staying put. If both leave, they only have 7 members.
They’re waiting. If they stay they’re set. If they don’t I bet they have had preliminary discussions with Tarleton and McNeese

Reaction Score
Seems like it would make more sense to stay in CUSA rather than play in a 14 team conference entirely in the B1G footprint. At least they'd be playing in the South rather than the north. They could always bolt later when things change again. And with 9 teams, there would be space for a couple two tree additions, including football only.

Reaction Score
Good for MTSU! All of the realignment moves appear so shameless if you step back and see what's going on. Everyone climbing all over each other trying to move up when all they are doing is changing buses.

Reaction Score
MTSU AD:

With the upcoming changes happening in the NCAA, it makes sense to sit tight, collect the exit fees and then see where they stand. My guess is there will be more changes amongst the G5 after the P5 decide what they are going to do.

No need to pull the trigger on a move today

Reaction Score
Is it a race between C-USA and the MAC to get UMass now? UMass gets an invite . . .

Reaction Score

AND ... the point is: it is FBS. with the chance to be the next Troy or Coastal or App State. It really isn't that hard.

AND ... the former FCS is in erosion as the core group left. The ones who invested in facilities and pushed the revenue streams. And they are left saying: at least we have a good Playoff. They lose money in the FCS Playoff btw.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Good for MTSU! All of the realignment moves appear so shameless if you step back and see what's going on. Everyone climbing all over each other trying to move up when all they are doing is changing buses.
They are supposedly sticking in C-USA for the buy-out money from the schools who are exiting. Can you say lame? Cutting off your nose to spite your face

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I wonder if Marshall would consider side stepping the Sun Belt for a return to the MAC (they were a member half a century ago). They would make sense geographically, especially as a partner with WKU and I would imagine the MAC has enough prestige to take someone from the Sun Belt.

Reaction Score
They are supposedly sticking in C-USA for the buy-out money from the schools who are exiting. Can you say lame? Cutting off your nose to spite your face
All these moves are about money so it makes sense to first collect the easy cash from all the departures. I think it's more than just the money too, especially for MTSU. A southern program doesn't want to play in a northern conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom