Does Cole have a COVID eligibility year available to him next season or is he done? | The Boneyard

Does Cole have a COVID eligibility year available to him next season or is he done?

Reaction Score
Does Cole have a COVID eligibility year available to him next season or is he done?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
With NIL, I'm not sure kids will want to play in Europe if they can make a decent income here for an extra year.

Reaction Score
Cole and Martin can stay and extra year. Polley and Whaley are the only players that will for sure be gone.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He has eligibility. May stay, may not. Probably a lot depends on how much he's making NIL and how much he's interested in that horrible overseas bball lifestyle.
I think he and Boat have developed a relationship. I’m sure RB would tell him to milk another year in Storrs.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
While the money is top European leagues is good there are obviously cultural differences a big pond to cross to return to what you know. I know a few people who have played in various different countries and their experiences are drastically different depending on where they played.

Selfishly, if he can make a good chunk in NIL he should stay. Europe will still be there after he helps us bring home another banner.

Reaction Score
Might also depend on family situation with money. Martin had to work in a warehouse to help support his family during covid so he may want to go play professionally to get a steady paycheck. I know Cole's family isn't in that type of situation, so he may want to come back unless he is starting to hate college. 6 years of classes, homework, and exams...could you blame him for wanting to just start earning money instead?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Everybody on every roster from 20/21 has an extra year of eligibility

Reaction Score
Jesus, 5th year Martin & Cole with junior year Sanogo and Jackson. Opposing teams will be in tears before the game even starts.

Sign me up.

Maybe. There are only seven players Hurley currently trusts, and two of them will be gone no matter what. So if we're going to be much better next year, we will still need much better play than we're getting from people other than Cole, Martin, Jackson, Hawkins and Sanogo, and with Polley gone we'll need at least one of players coming into the rotation to be able to shoot from the outside.

Reaction Score
Maybe. There are only seven players Hurley currently trusts, and two of them will be gone no matter what. So if we're going to be much better next year, we will still need much better play than we're getting from people other than Cole, Martin, Jackson, Hawkins and Sanogo, and with Polley gone we'll need at least one of players coming into the rotation to be able to shoot from the outside.
I mean that should be the case and Sanogo, Jackson, and Hawkins still have so much room for improvement this offseason.

Reaction Score
hurley's biggest recruiting win of the year would be convincing cole to stay. assuming only whaley, polley, and martin leave then we'll have ONE open scholly left for '22....

and i really dont know how to best fill it. everyone here would go crazy if hurley doesnt bring in another CG but then who does that leave as our starting PF? akok or samson? hard pass.

we could use a transfer like shonn miller that can plug right into the starting lineup rather than a CG to come off the bench. between cole/aj/floyd/digg/gaff we should be able to scrape together enough ball handling, but that's what i hoped for this year....no easy fixes.

Reaction Score
I mean that should be the case and Sanogo, Jackson, and Hawkins still have so much room for improvement this offseason.
I fully agree. I'm just pointing out that the potentially returning five, many or all of whom will get better, still need depth around them and still need more shooting.

Reaction Score
Karaban says hello.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can we start gofundme nils to keep both? From the boneyard.com llc?
The answer is, we can. The question is will we.

Reaction Score
Which means he could become the highest scoring player in UConn history?

Reaction Score
Which means he could become the highest scoring player in UConn history?
His career point total should surpass that of UConn all time leader Chris Smith next game. Smith scored 2145 points at UConn. Cole is currently at 2143 combined points at Howard and UConn.
Realize, however, that about 1500 of those points came while playing for Howard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Might also depend on family situation with money. Martin had to work in a warehouse to help support his family during covid so he may want to go play professionally to get a steady paycheck. I know Cole's family isn't in that type of situation, so he may want to come back unless he is starting to hate college. 6 years of classes, homework, and exams...could you blame him for wanting to just start earning money instead?
I can see him to have had enough of college. Those of us who did grad school even part time while working reach a point of enough in enough. Y little daughter told people that daddy went to ‘after school’

Reaction Score
Isn’t Cole already a super, super senior, if he comes back next year is he super super super senior. Do I have this all correct.

If anyone remembers Evan Eschmeyer was at Northwestern for I believe 6 years, same with Taysum Hill at BYU for 6 years due to tearing his ACL twice, who would thought he would be a dynamic NFL weapon after that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom