Does anyone here believe in Wichita State? | The Boneyard

Does anyone here believe in Wichita State?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I haven't seen them play, but pundits are discounting their wins due to conference foes. But damn going undefeated is a feat in itself. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they've got.

Are they legit?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
They are probably legit. They lost to Ville in the NCAAs last year by only 4 points I think. Jay Bilas keeps saying they are better this year. I still picked Ville to beat them in sweet 16, though.

Reaction Score
We will find out pretty quick. Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan/Duke, Arizona isn't exactly a cakewalk to the title game. Although I feel like the basketball gods will allow for a few upsets in their region due to the screw job handed down by the committee.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They have the toughest bracket by far. But they went to the final four last year and have all the key pieces of that team back. They will have a chip on their shoulder as well. They are legit. That said, they are no more likely than any #1 seed to win it all, and in this case, less likely due to the hard bracket.

Reaction Score
They are legit, but they have a steep hill to climb, the committee didn't do them any favors

Reaction Score
I have them losing to ville. their basketball iq will get them past the squid, but i just don't see them keeping up with ville

Reaction Score
legit...

They earned respect last year. The only real difference is Van Fleet at the point and he is very good. Great coach also.

Reaction Score
They're good, real good. They where in the FF last year and they are probably better…….but match ups are everything. They had a walk getting there for the most part last year, never easy I know but it worked out. Hell it did for us too, but this was even easier……

I think the undefeated season plays on them hard, lose at 32………..or 16 !!

Reaction Score
I have them losing to ville. their basketball iq will get them past the squid, but i just don't see them keeping up with ville

They should've beaten Louisville last year and they're better than last year.. Louisville isn't

Reaction Score
They should've beaten Louisville last year and they're better than last year.. Louisville isn't

But Louisville does have Russ Smith, slick Rick and the

Reaction Score
Returning everyone from a final four team last year. They should be legit, but whomever they play in round 2 will probably be their toughest game all year. It will be interesting to see how they handle it. I have them in the final four a bracket or two.

caw

Reaction Score

Not sure I agree on the second point. UL isn't as good defensively down low but I think they may actually be better offensively. They have a PG who can shoot which helps spacing. Smith is slightly better. Harrell has grown by leaps and bounds.

All that said and I literally flipped a coin on the WIchita State and UL pick on my brackets. Wichita State's VanVleet has to play very well. He is capable. If he keeps TOs down that will severely inhibit ULs ability to get out and run. Inversely if they wear him down that could be game over.

Reaction Score
Wichita State is very good Louisville is just better and more clutch, I picked UL to beat them, but I hope Wichita State beats them. If Uconn doesn't win it all then I am routing for Wichita State to win it all.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen them play, but pundits are discounting their wins due to conference foes. But damn going undefeated is a feat in itself. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they've got.

Are they legit?
FWIW, I've got a buddy who works for CBS sports watchng college bball games (recording when highlights happen, scoring plays, etc.) and of the entire group he works with (7 or 8 people who have combined to watch every single game of theirs), not one of them is picking them to move beyond the sweet 16. I can't honestly say I've watched them enough to really get a feeling.

Reaction Score
I think Wichita State is a very good team that was buoyed to a one seed mostly because of poller's emotions. The Sagarin ratings have them as #12. This rating system works strictly off of performance. Syracuse was never rated high in this poll despite being undefeated for most of the year. They are now at #18. Our Huskies are #25 which, although a little disappointing, is reasonable.

Reaction Score
No, I really don't. Wichita State is a mid-major program that has been feasting on cupcakes for months now. They're obviously a good team, but they're not battle tested.

And they got absolutely screwed in the A with their draw. It's like the committee wanted to punish them for forcing themselves into a 1 seed.

Reaction Score
They are more than legit. Louisville almost lost to them in last year's Madness. That game was almost as difficult for the Cardinals as the Michigan championship game itself. Since they have all returned to play this year - maybe most of them - then, I'd imagine they have gotten better.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
They remind me of Memphis in 2008.

Memphis and WSU will play next season at the Sanford Pentagon on ESPN for the tip-off marathon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom