Does anyone have an AG injury update? | The Boneyard

Does anyone have an AG injury update?

Reaction Score
Conspiracy alert: I’m wondering if he had a secret minor surgery shortly after the re-re-re injury and is rehabbing to come back soon.

Reaction Score
It cannot be stressed enough how important this guy is to this team.

One could argue that if it simply wasn't for a young kid's bum shoulder Ollie wouldn't be facing all the scrutiny he has both this year and last year, AG is that important. I feel they would've had a far more successful season last year, and would be in a better position early this season as well. We saw it against Oregon, we saw it the first half of MSU.

He has the ball handling, Kemba-shiftiness, mental toughness, leadership & on ball perimeter defense that the team is desperately lacking (let alone getting JA off the ball too). If you gut a top-30 All American leader from ANY team that doesn't traditionally have several 4-5 star prospects, then you're going to regress drastically.

With a healthy AG both last year and this year, where would we and KO stand? We'll never know but it's intriguing to think about.

I'm hoping Chillious starts bringing in more top recruits so potential injuries like this don't have us scrapping whole seasons.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
With a healthy AG both last year and this year, where would we and KO stand? We'll never know but it's intriguing to think about.

Its actually depressing to think about.

We are not going to be world beaters with him at this point, but man I think things look at least acceptable last year and this year if both he and Larrier had full seasons last year to gain experience and then had them both healthy this year. We probably keep at least 1 transfer too. But who knows.

Anyway. Water under the bridge, stuff happens and we sucked at adjusting.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Is he practicing? Has anyone heard anything?
I watched the second half of the Mich St game today and he was hit by 3 guys driving to the basket at 15:53. Of. Of course no foul was called and he stayed on the court while MSU had a 5 on 4 three. He was out for 4 minutes and came back and made some plays and seemed fine. Based on the fact that he hasn't played since then I would have to say we see him next year. Problem with that is we cannot count on him not reinjuring the shoulder next year

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
According to Dom Amore as of a couple of days ago he did not believe AG was back to practicing with the team so it is highly unlikely we'll see him against Wichita State but he believes we'll have a decision by then as to if and when he will return. Amore says his understanding is that AG wants to play. Listen to UConn Insider on TuneIn Listen at about the 33:00 minute mark.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
According to Dom Amore as of a couple of days ago he did not believe AG was back to practicing with the team so it is highly unlikely we'll see him against Wichita State but he believes we'll have a decision by then as to if and when he will return. Amore says his understanding is that AG wants to play. Listen to UConn Insider on TuneIn Listen at about the 33:00 minute mark.

He does want to play. Has said it quite a few times. But I thought he would at least be able to practice by now. Its been like 5 weeks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom