Does anyone else... | The Boneyard

Does anyone else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Root against Kentucky no matter what team they play? If Kentucky is playing Syracuse I'm rooting for Cuse. If Kentucky is playing Duke, hell yeah I'm rooting for Duke. I'm watching them right now almost as if I'm a Bama fan. John Calapari has really made me hate this team no matter what players "choose" to play for them.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'd basically root for the devil if he played Kentucky which is ironic given that his spawn actually coaches them.

I find that I don't particularly care if Duke wins or loses - that demon has been exorcised. I tend to enjoy UNC losses more.

Reaction Score
I particularly enjoy their losses when the game plays out in a way that shows what a poor game coach Calipari is

Reaction Score
Root against Kentucky no matter what team they play? If Kentucky is playing Syracuse I'm rooting for Cuse. If Kentucky is playing Duke, hell yeah I'm rooting for Duke. I'm watching them right now almost as if I'm a Bama fan. John Calapari has really made me hate this team no matter what players "choose" to play for them.

I liked UK when Pitino coached them. I liked them until the slime that is Calipari was named coach. Since then, they are garbage.

Reaction Score
I'd basically root for the devil if he played Kentucky which is ironic given that his spawn actually coaches them.

I find that I don't particularly care if Duke wins or loses - that demon has been exorcised. I tend to enjoy UNC losses more.

I'm actually with you on Duke - although I did take some glee in the loss to Lehigh last year, so I'm not all the way there yet. Most of the time, if they play a regular season ACC game or something, I don't care which way it goes.

In fact, in recent years I rooted for them to pummel Maryland, because I thought Gary Williams complaining about Rudy Gay was the biggest sniveling crybaby move I've ever seen, given that he was practically an honorary Pump Brother.

I'd see a head to head game featuring Coach K vs. Sweaty Pump, and Coach K would actually be the good guy in my eyes. That was the start of my return to normalcy.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
If they can handle all of the star power next year, watch out.

Reaction Score
Pretty much how I feel. Really enjoyed watching UK when I was growing up, but now they can't lose enough.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Noel, Goodwin and poytress are projected lottery, so most likely gone. 4 out of the top 12 recruits plus still in contention for #1, so young talent will once again be obscene but hopefully will lack chemistry as seen this year. One of these years a domino has got to fall...everyone knows the squid is dirtier than dirt

Reaction Score
I blame message boards and my weak makeup for the ever changing hatred I have for other cbb programs.

I grew up despising Duke, UNC, and Kentucky because they were the bluebloods and the media loved them. I also did not like Umass. There was always a healthy respect for all big east teams (yes, even Georgetown, BC, and Providence).

After 1999 and 2004, and coupled with the fact that I actually have started to like Coach K a little and that JC seems to really respect him as well, Duke is no longer on that list.

I rooted for Syracuse hard against all of those big 12 teams in 2003 and was happy they won it over Kansas, but I find their message board fans excruciating. Many of my good friends are Cuse fans, but they aren't whacko.

What Kentucky is doing right now just doesn't seem very real, so they don't bother me that much. I'm just waiting for them to get burned.

In short, I've come to dislike Syracuse, Pitt, and Villanova for some reason more than any other teams- I think it's their fans.

Reaction Score

If UK misses out on Wiggins and Randle, which seems alot more possible than a few months ago, they won't be the juggernaut that everyone predicted.

Reaction Score
If UK misses out on Wiggins and Randle, which seems alot more possible than a few months ago, they won't be the juggernaut that everyone predicted.

They'd still be awfully good though. The Harrison twins are really good - they're punks by all accounts, but they're really good. Marcus Lee is averaging 20 rebounds per game this year. They're bringing in Dakari Johnson and James Young. Wiltjer will be back too, and maybe even Poythress if he keeps playing this lousy.

Reaction Score
They'd still be awfully good though. The Harrison twins are really good - they're punks by all accounts, but they're really good. Marcus Lee is averaging 20 rebounds per game this year. They're bringing in Dakari Johnson and James Young. Wiltjer will be back too, and maybe even Poythress if he keeps playing this lousy.

Oh no doubt, they'd still be a title contender but if they get Wiggins and Randle you might as well just cancel the season and hand them the title. Without them it won't be as easy. Even with his struggles I think Poythress is pretty much a lock to go pro along with Goodwin, Noel, and Cauley-Stein.

Reaction Score
Honestly i couldnt care less about UK or Calipari. I dont think he`s a great coach,he lacks loyalty but pulls in the best recruits. wooptie frikken do! i cant believe how much energy is spent on hating UK when we`ve made them our personal b#$ch a couple of times(Maui,FF 2011) if recent memory serves correct.
I really dont have any program that i can think of that i dislike right now. problably boston college would come the closest but im not sure if they`re even division 1 anymore. does anyone know if they still have a basketball program?:D

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
The combination of Calipari and their fans have made them by far my most hated team. KY fans are really really really awful.

Reaction Score
Its interesting though. They really only have 2 or 3 players who could go to the NBA next year. They have one senior I think, but they have what 7 players committed? Although I don't see why Wiltjer doesn't get much NBA talk. He is basically a better American version of the euro-soft big men that get hyped up and go in the lottery.

Reaction Score
They've definitely replaced Dook as the villain of CBB, but the problem is with Kentucky's rapid roster turnover it is difficult to hate them as consistently as you can hate someone like Steve Wojiechowski who isn't very talented and spends 5yrs in college ball tripping people. I kind of hate Nerlens Noel, but I doubt he'll stick around long enough for my hatred to be worthwhile. And I certainly like him better doing 1yr at Kentucky versus parading that haircut on the end of the Sacramento/Seattle Kings bench.

Then ironically, I'm rooting for Kentucky to improve & get a high seed so that when they lose in the first or second round of the NCAA it'll be more rewarding. I believe this is all 100% normal..

Reaction Score
i cant stand kentucky but i will be lying if i say i wont be interested in watching them next year they will be fun to watch even though i hope they lose every single game

Reaction Score
There's a hierarchy, and I agree with the rest of you that Kentucky has displaced Duke at the top of that list. Teams I root against:

1. Kentucky (root against them under any circumstances)
2. Duke (root against them except when they play Kentucky)
3. UNC (root against them except when they play Duke or Kentucky)
4. Cuse
5. Notre Dame

Other teams I don't like, in no particular order: Ohio State, Texas, Pitt

On the other hand, there are some teams I usually root for: Wisconsin, Kansas, Gonzaga, formerly West Virginia when they were in the Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom