Does Aaron Nesmith give Tyler Polley hope for the draft? | The Boneyard

Does Aaron Nesmith give Tyler Polley hope for the draft?

Reaction Score
The Celtics picked the 6-6, 215 pounder with #14. He shot 39% and 52% from the arc in his two seasons at Vandy.

Tyler is 6-9, 215 with 41%, 38% and 40% from the arc in his first three years. Moving that percentage just a wee bit north makes for a nice comparison. Both are very good spot up shooters and Polley has been very good coming off screens with just a little space. Tyler probably has to pick up his over all game. His two point shooting, especially from close in, could be better as could his rebounding.

But this is not an impossible ask. Push the 3-point percentage over 45. Add a few more boards. He really seemed to be coming into his own when he was hurt last year. This is his last go around. Not the time to hold anything back. #14 is probably too high. But a great season could get him into round one. Would love to see it.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I understand Palatine’s thought. Everybody’s looking for the next Duncan Robinson now. A deadly sniper, who doesn’t even put the ball on the deck is a lottery pick. Is a 14 game sample size enough? Ainge believes it is.

Reaction Score
I get the sentiment. There is certainly a chance some team takes a swipe at Polley just because of his shooting ability. That could get him a shot than some traditionally better players (CV, Boat come to mind) just because of the way NBA players are going. I doubt it will happen though.

Reaction Score
Tyler is a good player with a narrow scope. A team would need to be looking for something very specific if they were to look at Tyler.

I agree with @navery12 he may have to prove himself this season and get a summer league invitation.

Reaction Score
If Tyler can consistently tear it up like he did against Tulane last season with 19 and 11 then he will have an NBA future. If he doesn't, he will likely wind up overseas. I am hoping for the former, but expecting the latter.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Even when Polley played his best those last 3 halves before the injury - he wasn't anywhere near Nesmith's ability in nearly every area of the game. Nesmith is a freak for his size in terms of shooting ability and the ability to get the ball off so quickly. To be honest, I am surprised he dropped down to the Celts - they were thinking of trading up to get him - Ainge lucked out on this one.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He'll be a second rounder if he shoots 43% on 15ish ppg. Being 6'9 with a 7 foot wingspan will intrigue someone imo. But he is not guaranteed to improve his shot going up a level in competition.

Reaction Score
He wouldn't get drafted even if he scored 20 ppg.

It's not how many he scores. It will be based on how efficient he is. His defense has been okay. He has shut down some pretty good palayers. That will enter into it. Obviously he needs to make a jump this year. But I think it is not out of the realm of possibility. The NBA has a place for 3 and D players.

Reaction Score
It's not how many he scores. It will be based on how efficient he is. His defense has been okay. He has shut down some pretty good palayers. That will enter into it. Obviously he needs to make a jump this year. But I think it is not out of the realm of possibility. The NBA has a place for 3 and D players.

LMAO palatine you so crazy. Polley is the worst defender on the team and everyone with eyes connected to a brain knows that.

Reaction Score
The Celtics picked the 6-6, 215 pounder with #14. He shot 39% and 52% from the arc in his two seasons at Vandy.

Tyler is 6-9, 215 with 41%, 38% and 40% from the arc in his first three years. Moving that percentage just a wee bit north makes for a nice comparison. Both are very good spot up shooters and Polley has been very good coming off screens with just a little space. Tyler probably has to pick up his over all game. His two point shooting, especially from close in, could be better as could his rebounding.

But this is not an impossible ask. Push the 3-point percentage over 45. Add a few more boards. He really seemed to be coming into his own when he was hurt last year. This is his last go around. Not the time to hold anything back. #14 is probably too high. But a great season could get him into round one. Would love to see it.
No

Reaction Score
I can’t believe the Cs drafted freaking Pritchard.

Without the postseason it went under the radar, but he quietly had one of the best statistical seasons in the last few years. He's old and his measurements are below average (but not terrible), but it's not the worst pick in the late 20s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom