Does Aaron Nesmith give Tyler Polley hope for the draft?

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball
oh yeah. I don’t think polley makes it without some improvements.

just that comparisons need to be more on point.

Using Powell is kind of like saying vital won’t make it because mike sweetney didn’t make it in the NBA.
Sure, but I already used Daniel Hamilton, who is more on point.

the Q

Cold as December Snow
Sure, but I already used Daniel Hamilton, who is more on point.
absolutely. Hamilton tested as one of the worst athletes in his class. That was a major factor. I’m curious how polley will test. But he’d also have to get an invite to the combine.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Well I know which player ill be rooting for to surpass expectations this season.

The Celtics picked the 6-6, 215 pounder with #14. He shot 39% and 52% from the arc in his two seasons at Vandy.

Tyler is 6-9, 215 with 41%, 38% and 40% from the arc in his first three years. Moving that percentage just a wee bit north makes for a nice comparison. Both are very good spot up shooters and Polley has been very good coming off screens with just a little space. Tyler probably has to pick up his over all game. His two point shooting, especially from close in, could be better as could his rebounding.

But this is not an impossible ask. Push the 3-point percentage over 45. Add a few more boards. He really seemed to be coming into his own when he was hurt last year. This is his last go around. Not the time to hold anything back. #14 is probably too high. But a great season could get him into round one. Would love to see it.
TP is a great story .... And easily may not be starting at the end of his senior year in college.

Hope he makes real good cash in Europe.