Do you think ND would want to play Uconn for NC? | The Boneyard

Do you think ND would want to play Uconn for NC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think not. With a record of 8 and zero in the NC games I can't blame them Ha ha..

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You read what JPM of Duke said. I will elaborate and say no team wants to face UConn in the NCAAs especially in the FF because they know they cant win. All of Muffits talking is for publicity. She knows she beat Uconn 7 times but she also knows this is a much improved UConn team and to beat them now on a neutral court...well it most likely wont happen. If ND makes it to the FF I think they are in for their worse nitemare.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
This is such a condescending thread. Believe me I have no love for that friggin leprechaun but it seems downright haughty to start a thread like this.

My guess is there are over 300 div 1 bb teams that would love to be playing for a NCAA Championship against us - even though 98% of them know they have no shot at beating us. ND on the other hand does have some hope (in their minds anyway)

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Of course they want to play us. That would mean they're in the national championship game. I'm sure Geno won't take Notre Dame lightly if we end up playing them. Notre Dame is very good. It would be a terrific game.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Look at us last year. UConn might have beaten Baylor, but beating LVille was a much smaller hill to climb. But I'd bet a piece of every UConn player wanted to see if they could beat Griner's team. I think ND wants to win an NC and will take it any way they can, but as competitors, and of the self-important Notre Dame breed (ok, a bit unfair to the players, but arrogance in South Bend is a communicable disease), they are probably itching to show the world they are better than us head to head. Both they and us need not to look ahead and to play one game at a time or they could be Baylored.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Hongster, your English is better but your arrogant posting isn't.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think not. With a record of 8 and zero in the NC games I can't blame them Ha ha..

You are absolutely right about UConn's record in national championship games. However, until last year, UConn had never beaten the Fighting Irish in a national semifinal. Given Notre Dame's incredible historical record of ending streaks, I would not take UConn's 8-0 record to the bank.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO ND Wants to play UConn for the Championship. Stop UConn's unbeaten streak, prevent the 9th Championship. Also they would believe that they're the #1 program in WBB Definitely want to face UConn

Reaction Score
I feel no differently about a game against ND than I would if Prairie View was the opponent. I want every UConn game to be a 30+point blow out that is over by the 2nd media time out. Sorry if that doesn't grow the game or makes it boring, but there is nothing better than watching the Huskies execute a perfectly choreographed offense. If that makes for bad TV, then tell the other teams to stop sucking.

Reaction Score
IMHO ND Wants to play UConn for the Championship. Stop UConn's unbeaten streak, prevent the 9th Championship. Also they would believe that they're the #1 program in WBB Definitely want to face UConn
Even if they win the championship, they are no more the best WCBB program than Louisville was after knocking off Baylor last year.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Personally I don't believe that they would be the #1 program, that's what ND would believe

Even if they win the championship, they are no more the best WCBB program than Louisville was after knocking off Baylor last year.

Reaction Score
Yes, or their 7 out of the last 9 is meaningless. You can't be the best if you don't beat the best when it counts the most, which would be in the National Championship game.

Reaction Score
No. And I'm sure uconn would rather not face ND in the national finals either.
UConn would love to take on the Irish in the finals and put all their confidence and bravado to rest.

Reaction Score
You are absolutely right about UConn's record in national championship games. However, until last year, UConn had never beaten the Fighting Irish in a national semifinal. Given Notre Dame's incredible historical record of ending streaks, I would not take UConn's 8-0 record to the bank.

You're right, the record doesn't have anything to do with the next one. But, knowing what we've got I will gamble anytime.
I don't think any member of the ND including the coach thinks they can beat us this year.

WE'RE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The best thing that could happen to WCBB is for two terrifically-coached and undefeated teams to meet in the final. Both teams should ardently wish for that contingency. Any victory, under those circumstances, will taste better and be more meaningful, and, for the loser, the outcome will be all the more bitter. The winner will clearly be the best team in WCBB, and any suggestion to the contrary will be hollow, silly, and smell of sour grapes. I think UConn wins it, but I will, however grudgingly, concede that they are the lesser team should they lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom