Do you let your kid commit to PSU? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do you let your kid commit to PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just as an FYI, it's the 2002 incident that boggles the mind.

The 1998 incident was reported to the authorities, there was a police investigation and an undercover investigation by the DA with police staked out in a home where Sandusky was talking to a kids parents about an incident in which he was hugging a kid in the showers.

That season, Sandusky was forced out at Penn State, likely because of what had happened.

In light of this, it was the 2002 incident that has everyone up in arms.
I'm aware of the circumstance. And yes the fact that two incidences took place is what makes the situation very condemning for PSU.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if people start calling Penn State, Pedophile State. Who would want to play stuck with a name like that?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if people start calling Penn State, Pedophile State. Who would want to play stuck with a name like that?

Some Big 10 boards are already calling PSU Ped State.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I would hope that I've raised a kid capable of making his own choice; it's his life and his decision to make, not mine. I'd provide guidance, advice, and help him work through the decision, but it's not my place to tell him what he can or can't do with his life as an adult.
Along these lines, as a college aged student myself, I think I would be picking my second choice if PSU was originally my first choice.

Reaction Score
Along these lines, as a college aged student myself, I think I would be picking my second choice if PSU was originally my first choice.
I would want my child to make the same choice. But he's the one who has to spend 4+/- years there, not me.

Reaction Score
your kid would be no more likely to have something bad happen at PSU today than any other school, so it'd be silly to tell them not to go there for reasons of safety. that being said, i felt sick to my stomach over the situation, even as someone who simply had PSU in my final 3 for schools to attend. i'm sure everyone associated with the school feels upset about what happened and i imagine if i were committed to attend, or considering attending, i'd have a pretty sour feeling about attending now too.

Reaction Score
I think PSU is now Pedophile State University going forward, and its going to take a lot of time to recover from this scandal.

Reaction Score
I think PSU is now Pedophile State University going forward, and its going to take a lot of time to recover from this scandal.

Not a fan of the name calling here. Boys were raped and brutalized.

Let's just hope that those that allowed this to happen are held accountable for their actions. And by that I mean the president, AD, and the entire coaching staff is let go. Immediately.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of the name calling here. Boys were raped and brutalized.

Let's just hope that those that allowed this to happen are held accountable for their actions. And by that I mean the president, AD, and the entire coaching staff is let go. Immediately.
Was not meant as joke in as much as a fact that the school is damaged beyond measure and there is little they can do to recover in the forseeable future. It will take a decade or more. This is an unmitigated tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom