Do you have the usual enthusiasm? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do you have the usual enthusiasm?

Reaction Score
I have to admit I have felt this lack of enthusiasm myself, but I am pumped for March Madness if we can make it to the dance. For me it’s been a combo of just being stressed in general working in a hospital everyday and having an infant to wade through the past 11 months with. I would imagine most on this board may lack enthusiasm bc they can’t attend games in person where I’m only missing my usual 1 game UConn would play in Cincy. I surprised myself in missing the correct time for the last game ??‍♂️

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Been a very challenging year but grateful to still be in good health. Contacting tomorrow for vaccination. I have to say overall that Uconn bb has been a real bright light despite the stop/go/stop with cancelations. Now we have injuries including Bouk. On the bright side I am very happy with the trajectory of the team and its effort and DH recruiting. If they keep giving it their all for 40 mins. we are going to more than all right. They are building a new brand more like the old brand and we have some upper classmen and returning injured ( Akok ) who are showing up and kids who are gaining experience. I love the defense and am overjoyed at how DH and staff got all those kids to show up and grind this summer. That was very special. The season gets more exciting (usually) as things get closer to March. Then the outdoor season begins!

Reaction Score
I feel way better with a season even if its a roller coaster season its better then nothing. The lack of fans and lack of gathering with fans at games or at a bar is greatly missed. Sports especially Uconn is very good for my mental healthy yes I know its only sports, even the little things can drive you through this pandemic.

Reaction Score
Enjoying it. Excited we have good bigs, BUT can’t tell u how much I miss quick, UConn-level guards. A lot. Even in dark years we had Jalen and the hopeful promise of a healthy Alterique.

Having a guard that is timid to put it mildly and another who is dad-runner fast is tough for me to get used to. Bouk is awesome but more of a wing like rip and Ray and Caron in my mind. And I really, really miss when he doesn’t play... I’m a UConn fan Because Calhoun and gr8 guards as I’ve never lived close to Ct in my nearly 30 years of being a fan. Hopeful we add someone not on radar with some quicks next year. Obv really excited for ‘Sool but he’s not a Burner, either.

i think what I enjoy most is seeing Polley and Whaley flourish, they’ve been thru so much and can’t think of too many, if any players counted out more than Whaley. Polley is so enjoyable as he’s been a part of so much losing to taste some success and potentially become an NBA player!

#kemba #bazz #boat #bengarden #elamin #taliek #toughmindedUConnleadguards

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
We’ve been waiting 5 years to be legitimately good again and 8 years to be in a competitive conference. There’s nothing else going on in life with covid shutdowns. If you aren’t enthused for UConn basketball right now idk what to say.

Reaction Score
I have the same enthusiasm. I really miss being able to go see games in person though. Thats really going to hit me come the Big East Tournament because as soon as I heard we were headed back to the Big East, one of the first things I thought of was going to the Big East Tournament again.

Reaction Score
The majority of Boneyard Denizens
anticipate this season like Bama Fans do football. This is our sport . This year for me living in AZ the move to Fox means I can watch many of the games which increases enthusiasm.
What I really miss are in person things like my youngest grandson’s ( 6) first soccer game. I wasn’t allowed but I saw the video’s.only one parent was allowed. My children and grandchildren have always been my priority.
For a reference I flew back to Ct to watch number 2 grandsons last 3 HS games. Number one was a BB player and I was still there.. Number 3 (12) played football and we never missed a game and also competed in another sport which required travel out of state and my wife and I took him if no one was available. Including flying.to Cental California. How the Chinese are not ostracized by everybody in the world is behind me you don’t hear me three samples of ice cream positive thousands of boxes well home in the fall 2019 another seizure came from the lab ice cream claws thousand 89 boxes of the product of officials leave more than double the amount of 4836 fox more than half the time classes of already been
Mostly I. miss hugging them.
So enthusiastism for BB hasn’t waned. In fact my posting has probably increased. It hasn’t gotten any better but that’s a WIP.
Are you testing the Boneyard to see if anyone actually reads long posts or what?

Reaction Score
I have less enthusiasm for sports generally but far more enthusiasm for UConn basketball than I have for years. Not only are they a very good team but this is a year that’s ripe for being stolen by a squad that gets hot at the right time.

Reaction Score
If stressed = enthusiasm then yes, I have more than the usual enthusiasm this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom