Do you have the usual enthusiasm? | The Boneyard

Do you have the usual enthusiasm?

Reaction Score
This Covid season makes it difficult for me to maintain high enthusiasm.

The games cancelled/postponed...lack of continuity....players out.

The Huskies have played 8 and have had 6 postponed/cancelled.

Honestly, does this season feel different and have you adjusted?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yes, normal enthusiasm.

Not worried about delays, postponed games or cancellation.

There is more than enough television to occupy my time when I want to watch television.

There is more than enough to do away from the TV to not have to worry about idle time or missed opportunities.

Reaction Score
Yeah...I find stuff to do as well. 30 degrees and light flurries and the straw boss has me ripping out the old deck and installing composite...I work 20 minutes and thaw for 20....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
When the game is on or about to be, yes. Otherwise no. Can‘t rustle up much enthusiasm for anything really. Covid isolation is a problem but it’s a bigger problem in the winter. I tend to have some non clinical level of seasonal affective disorder (self diagnosed) as it is. Covid cranks that up. Daylight is trending the right direction though.

Texted one of my best and oldest friends yesterday. We often go out to watch Husky games together at sports bars. We work about 150 feet apart in the same building. Realized I haven’t really seen or talked to him since last April.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In some ways its higher since after 6 wasted years we are finally coming back around to being the level of team UConn should be, and since we are back in the (N)BE, or more importantly out of the AAC.

But yeah, the fractured season and the dread that it could all come crashing down with a covid outbreak on the team or across NCAA BB in general, not to mention our continued injury issues, makes it hard to get too invested.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Very excited about our direction but the on again, off again season sucks a lot of the joy out.
First time I'm not sure of schedule.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In some ways its higher since after 6 wasted years we are finally coming back around to being the level of team UConn should be, and since we are back in the (N)BE, or more importantly out of the AAC.

But yeah, the fractured season and the dread that it could all come crashing down with a covid outbreak on the team or across NCAA BB in general, not to mention our continued injury issues, makes it hard to get too invested.

Undoubtedly this basketball season with its stop and go flow would be a bazillion times worse if we were in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Maybe more so because there is less going on in my life because of COVID. I don't have any trips or events planned for 2021. So I look forward to games with great anticpation.

Reaction Score
This is the most enthusiastic I've been for a season since the start of the 14-15 season.

The late-Ollie teams drained me, Hurley's hire got me excited and last year was the first season where I was like F- yeah this team is fun to watch. Psyched that they are sustaining that level of excitement started from last year, even though Bouknight's injury did put a damper on things.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
More, when the games are on or close or just concluded. Less, otherwise. It's impossible to keep enthusiasm strong when there are 1 week gaps between games.
Also, have a lingering feeling of dread that the season is going to get s----canned by virtue projectors.
Stanford researcher just released a paper that concluded that stay-at-home orders and business closures had zero impact on containing SARS-CoV-2 and may have, in fact, caused more harm than good. Perhaps that science will help come March.

Reaction Score
Undoubtedly this basketball season with its stop and go flow would be a bazillion times worse if we were in the AAC.
Especially after only getting to play ECU and Tulane twice while games with UH and WS got cancelled. Its been bad enough that our Nova, PC, and GU games here have been canceled.

Reaction Score
Yes. Much more so than the past few seasons. And just like that:

be.jpg

Reaction Score
Significantly less for me. Still watch and am all in on every UConn game, but the long months of no sports showed I didn't really need the sports every night

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Definitely frustrating with the start stop and not being able to see this team in person. However, it makes every chance we get to actually see them in action all that more special

Reaction Score
My enthusiasm is dampened by two reasons and heightened by one reason.

Dampened:

1. I feel that any success in the tournament will be asterisked by future generations of sports fans.
2. The absence of crowds cheering on our success is disheartening,.

Heightened:

1. UConn BB is back baby finding success in the Big East!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My enthusiasm is dampened by two reasons and heightened by one reason.

Dampened:

1. I feel that any success in the tournament will be asterisked by future generations of sports fans.
2. The absence of crowds cheering on our success is disheartening,.

Heightened:

1. UConn BB is back baby finding success in the Big East!

Well, good news is once Huskies make the tourney, fans will be able to cheer them on at some level of participation in Indiana.

Reaction Score
The majority of Boneyard Denizens
anticipate this season like Bama Fans do football. This is our sport . This year for me living in AZ the move to Fox means I can watch many of the games which increases enthusiasm.
What I really miss are in person things like my youngest grandson’s ( 6) first soccer game. I wasn’t allowed but I saw the video’s.only one parent was allowed. My children and grandchildren have always been my priority.
For a reference I flew back to Ct to watch number 2 grandsons last 3 HS games. Number one was a BB player and I was still there.. Number 3 (12) played football and we never missed a game and also competed in another sport which required travel out of state and my wife and I took him if no one was available. Including flying.to Cental California. How the Chinese are not ostracized by everybody in the world is behind me you don’t hear me three samples of ice cream positive thousands of boxes well home in the fall 2019 another seizure came from the lab ice cream claws thousand 89 boxes of the product of officials leave more than double the amount of 4836 fox more than half the time classes of already been
Mostly I. miss hugging them.
So enthusiastism for BB hasn’t waned. In fact my posting has probably increased. It hasn’t gotten any better but that’s a WIP.

Reaction Score
I'm definitely excited about the games. But the stops and starts and long waits between games is very frustrating. I was so looking forward to this season to keep me occupied during this isolated winter. Wish there were more games but I'm still excited about the season.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I’ve been detached for the past 5 years. I had a hard time watching games - they weren’t as fun and just wanted to know if we won. The AAC schools (games) had no appeal. We might as well have been playing Marist or U Ha.

Now I watch the games all the way through and actually enjoy them. It’s fun again. Screw COVID and winter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom