Do we want Press on the $$$ raised? | The Boneyard

Do we want Press on the $$$ raised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I bumped into http://espn.go.com/chicago/story/_/...ans-print-6300-t-shirts-recruit-jabari-parker while visitng ESPN front page this morning.

Apparently the $$$ were collected from their message board. Whoooopie! We raised that much in about 24 hrs.

I'm surprised none of the Horde, which I know read the board & follow our tweets, have run an article on our efforts to Thank Jim Calhoun. Let alone the front page of ESPN's website. It really has been & continues to be a SPECIAL effort & tribute that will save lives. Definately worthy of some Local/National press don't you think?

Reaction Score
If we have someone visiting that we all want I'm in for a tee shirt or 2 donation......LOL;)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Why don't we just go Miami-style and have the board fund up a couple of hookers and booze?

Reaction Score
If the school lets the students wear those shirts into the game that is an NCAA violation. I understand the school can't stop everyone if they hide the shirts but they aren't supposed to allow stuff like that if they are aware of it.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Why don't we just go Miami-style and have the board fund up a couple of hookers and booze?

can I be part of the selection committee?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nah, we don't need to be chasing the press. Besides the only writers that might be intersted have probably been filleted here more than once.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I bumped into http://espn.go.com/chicago/story/_/...ans-print-6300-t-shirts-recruit-jabari-parker while visitng ESPN front page this morning.

Apparently the $$$ were collected from their message board. Whoooopie! We raised that much in about 24 hrs.

I'm surprised none of the Horde, which I know read the board & follow our tweets, have run an article on our efforts to Thank Jim Calhoun. Let alone the front page of ESPN's website. It really has been & continues to be a SPECIAL effort & tribute that will save lives. Definately worthy of some Local/National press don't you think?
I believe that something is actually going to be presented tomorrow from the Foundation. I'll share the link when it comes out. It will be interesting to see who picks it up.

For the record 6000+ tshirts probably cost about what we raised if not more. And that was for a recruit - not a HOF coach retiring. Pretty impressed, myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom