Do we take Chris Dailey for granted? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Do we take Chris Dailey for granted?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Simple answer is yes, we take her for granted. She and Geno have different specialties and areas of focus, but both working toward a common goal. She has been good in the dozen or so times she has had to be the coach over the many years, and although clearly in the background much of the time, she has been recognized probably more than any associate coach I can think of. Her place on the wall with the Huskies of Honor was deserving and a good gesture by the program to reflect her contribution.

Perhaps we take all of the assistant coaches for granted. Most probably thought losing Shea wouldn't be a difference maker, but the way this season has gone, maybe she too was a much bigger factor than we give her credit for.
Please don't include me in "we".

I love two things about UConn WBB: Excellence on the court and excellence off the court (character, comportment, etc.).

Geno has more to do with the first and less to do with the second. Chris has less to do with the first and more to do with the second. I don't mean to minimize either's contributions to both. Everything I've read, seen, and observed about CD's work with the players off the court just amazes me. She and Geno make a point of preparing their kids not just for basketball, but for life.

oldude remarked on CD's poise and thoughtfulness in postgame interviews. She ought to be pretty good at it, since she's one of the folks who teach the players how to do interviews.

I wake up every day thanking my lucky stars for my wife and family. If I were closer to the UConn team, I'd definitely wake up every day thankful for Chris Dailey.

Reaction Score
She is great because of her skills and because she has stayed here as an assistant or associate head coach for all this time. Love her for both. And she has a better winning percentage, 100.00000%. Geno should get sick for this years final 4. Just kidding.

JBK

Reaction Score
He is a great coach! You must be a new fan? Welcome to the board. There’s lots of information out there about Geno (and Chris, his partner in crime) They took over this program 37? Years ago and have 11 titles and countless records since then. He’s won numerous Coach of the Year awards. I won’t go into detail but I suggest you do a little research. You’ll find it a good read, I’m sure. Don’t worry about this, not everyone on this board expects newbies to know what they’re talking about right off the bat.
Sarcasm- they were not saying Geno was not a HOF coach, the observation was that in a very challenging year, the players seemed to respond to CD at a higher level in this game and they appreciated praise after a win.
Let’s not disrespect CD in the fact she was with us the entire time.
Her game management against Creighton was really well done .
Would Geno have won by 20 - who cares. That is what a good partnership is -
And I am not new to this site —

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom